All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Are you talking about Miralax? new
      #169523 - 04/13/05 08:56 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

When you say you can't handle it what do you mean???

What happens to you when you use a sfs?

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hang in there! new
      #169547 - 04/13/05 10:29 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

You know, the Acacia changed my life altogether, so I can't imagine not having that help. I know it is discouraging. I almost feel guilty sometimes reading how others suffer over specific food groups too, because I tolerate a lot more foods than many here on the boards. However, IBS is such an individual thing! Stress is my #1 enemy in this, way more than food, so that is my daily battle.

Hang in there Beth! Draw your encouragement and strength from the prayers and support of your friends and know that you are not alone in this! Stay after those doctors until you get resolution. I would definately be asking for some drugs that work.(Zelnorm NOT in that group! That drug is just an expensive gimick!) Stay strong!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

I can't do it anymore. I'm worn out and hopeless-nt new
      #169557 - 04/13/05 10:59 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh beth... new
      #169558 - 04/13/05 11:01 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I hear you sister.....I completely understand where you are coming from...I'm worn right out and feel completely wretched about everything right now...it really is an up hill struggle. But...remember I'm here if you need me - we all are {{hugs}} xx

SFS new
      #169559 - 04/13/05 11:03 AM
Augie

I get worse bloated, gassy, cramps, and remain constipated. I have slight delayed gastric emptying. SFS is not recommended for this, nor is Fiber. The food does not "empty" on an average time. So, I guess the food, or SFS, would just sit inside me and "clog" me up and cause worse problem. I don't know. My doctor isn't providing any resolution to the SFS question since it would hurt the delayed emptying but help the IBS maybe.

That's why I am trying to resolve this horrible C without an SFS.

--------------------
~ Beth

Nik new
      #169561 - 04/13/05 11:07 AM
Augie

I'm feeling so defeated. I am so overwhelmed with all these multiple problems and nothing helping and all these crazy diets (fructose, gluten, yeast, IF,...)trying to figure out what hurts and what is okay, but hurting all the time.

Is the Acacia and Candida diet helping you?

I am just soooo tired. There is no fight left in me. God, take me now.

--------------------
~ Beth

SFS new
      #169564 - 04/13/05 11:12 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Acacia made me wicked C, so I can understand what you're talking about.

So, without a SFS, I would suggest flaxseed oil, blended into smoothies (with lots of berries and soy/rice/oatmilk). You're going to have to play around with the amount, but flaxseed oil has natural laxatative effects. The pureed berries should be ok for you, too, and will help get you some IF. Also, I take "Omega 3:6:9" pills that contain a bunch of different oils and that helps a lot - gets things moving.

As far as SFS go, have you tried working your way up to the maximum dosage? I'd give that a shot if you haven't.

I like the noni juice I'm taking right now - it, too, seems to have a bit of a laxatative effect.

And lastly, I'd recommend taking magnesium supplements - but check with your doctor first. Magnesium (along with the above) is the only non-prescription thing that'll keep me going.

Good luck dear, and remember - we're in the same boat (mostly), so lean on us! Hugs!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: Nik new
      #169565 - 04/13/05 11:14 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I stopped taking the acacia because I kept forgetting to take it and I was so depressed about eating just cardboard for the rest of my days I kept eating fruit, but my mouth has started to taste yucky again, which means candida is on the rampage yet again.

I'm on probiotics, multi vits, pau d'arco, extra zinc & vit c and biotin, have been for about 2 weeks now, but I thought bugger it today and had a fruit and nut bar with honey and some porridge with golden syrup - feel a bit "drunk" now, what with the sugar rush...but I'm SO fed up, just like you, having to eliminate things that I like, speaking to doctors who don't know their arse from their elbow and fed up with eating bloody cardboard!!

I'm seeing a natropath next week, which is costing a fortune, and fear I may cry at her because I'm SO fed up and need someone to talk too....WAHHH....

My friend is coming over in a minute and we are going to have a good old moan at each other - she suffers with IBS and candida, but still knowing that we both do STILL doesn't help - haha! What a pair eh!

If you ever want to email, please feel free - you seem to have reached the end of your tether too xx boo hoo xx

Re: I did new
      #169574 - 04/13/05 11:32 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So what if you have to take a medication for the rest of your life? If it makes you feel better and improves your QUALITY of life, isn't it worth it? I think it is. Many people do become dependant on it but not all. All it is, is an osmotic laxative. It has no harsh chemicals or stimulants. It works by pulling water into you colon. Its so safe that you can even take it during pregnancy! In fact, the RE (reproductive endocronologist) that I'm currently seeing, told me she gives it to her pregnant patients that get C from being pregnant! Those same women stop taking it after the baby is born and are fine! The original Gastrointerologist (sp?) that prescribed it to me told me his SISTER has IBS and that he has her taking it. I've been on it for years and couldn't imagine not taking it!

It may cause a little bit of cramping as its getting everything moving. It works best to take it on an empty tummy and than eat shortly afterwards. Once you go potty, most of those initial cramps go away. It can cause a little extra gas and bloating but that goes away after a couple of weeks. Yes, I do take it every day, once in a while even twice a day but I couldn't imagine how much worse my pain would be if I wasn't going potty on pretty much a daily basis!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Beth, I don't know you well enough ... new
      #169584 - 04/13/05 11:57 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

to know how literally to take your saying, "God, take me now", but if you are truly in that much despair, please tell someone about it: your family, your clergy, someone.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 54553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review