All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Are most of you C or D ???
      #168990 - 04/11/05 03:15 PM
Leshabug

Reged: 04/05/05

I am IBS with C....gas and bloating....Heather's eating for IBS seems mostly concentrated for people who has D??? Does this diet work for people with C- gas and bloating too??? I do not have IBS D at all...

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm an A... I have both C and D new
      #169000 - 04/11/05 03:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Heather's diet is NOT geared towards D... it works for ALL types of IBS, including C. It does take a bit longer for C'ers to stabilize, but it will happen!

Re: I'm an A... I have both C and D new
      #169009 - 04/11/05 03:37 PM
Leshabug

Thanks Casey!! So you don't think that white bread contipates you more?? So just stick to the diet and it will eventually decrease my C-bloating and gas?? Thanks

absolutely frankly new
      #169012 - 04/11/05 03:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think Heather's diet works better on D than C; however there is nothing out there that works any better! C'ers just need more patience and a balance of insoluble and soluble fiber. D'ers in my opinion have it easier.

I have both C and D.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I'm an A... I have both C and D new
      #169015 - 04/11/05 03:43 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

White bread does NOT constipate you more. That is a myth. Here is a link explaining soluble fibre foods and how they work in the GI system: web page
I know it's confusing. Constipation occurs when the colon gets too much stimulation (from insoluble fibre) and then shuts down. It has nothing to do with the soluble fibre in your diet. It is true that not getting enough insoluble fibre will cause constipation, though.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I am A too...but mostly D new
      #169018 - 04/11/05 03:45 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

my worst symptoms are obviously d...because having d sucksssss! but i've seen following the diet plan helps me not have c....and really be bloated, and i don't have gas anywhere near as bad as i use to!!!!! i follow the plan completely, and i have confidence when deciding on my own whats ok and whats not ok when at the store! so i believe it really helps for both!

Re: Thanks Hansolo!! new
      #169059 - 04/11/05 05:51 PM
Leshabug

My name is also Alecia but I spell it differently..Thanks for clearing that up for me

Mostly D but not very often anymore... -nt- new
      #169155 - 04/12/05 06:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I agree, Tamara new
      #169181 - 04/12/05 08:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I think the diet works better for D too. Unfortunately I seem to be a C now. Used to be D for 2 years. And, patience isn't one of my strong points!

I've been on the diet for over 6 months, and still very C, gassy, bloated, and full blown cramps.

Not sure if this is the diet for me or not. But as you said, what else is out there besides high fiber grain and whole wheat advicates who also stress whole (with peel) fruits and lots of veggies. Don't know how that would go over!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Mostly C but weekly D, so A. nt new
      #169284 - 04/12/05 12:59 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

lol

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2038

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review