All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soluble vs. insoluble
      #168708 - 04/10/05 12:30 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I am always confused with IF. I know bread is good to eat and pasta and rise (all SF) and I try to eat them first but if I am eating pasta with vegs. I can not separate.

any suggestions on how to eat SF and then IF? I am not a big fan of fruit (except low fat fruit cocktail) and I do not eat lettuce so what would be considered IF that I do eat???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soluble vs. insoluble new
      #168716 - 04/10/05 01:25 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't worry about separating my Soluble Fiber from my Insoluble Fiber - I just try to make sure the amount of SF I've eaten stays ahead of the amount of IF. That means that if my IF is mixed with SF, I don't need as much of an SF base before eating the IF. In other words, if I'm eating pasta mixed with vegetables, I'll try to eat some pasta strands or shapes without a lot of sauce - just a few bites - then start eating the combination since it contains SF as well as IF.

On the other hand, if my IF is standing on its own, I'll put down more of an SF base before starting it. So, if I'm eating pasta with vegetables on the side, I'll eat a fair amount of my pasta before eating vegetables.

An easy way to start each meal with SF is to take some of your SFS before each meal.

You can see a list of soluble fiber here and a list of insoluble fiber here. Most vegetables are insoluble fiber, so you're probably getting your IF there. The page on insoluble fiber also has some hints on how to get it into you mixed with soluble fiber.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2019 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 317

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review