Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LOL new
      #168778 - 04/10/05 08:31 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

but I like buttered bread....*whine*
I don't think I'm ready to give up a PB sand either. i can use LESS but can't give up the PB.

Oh trust me you don't have to give it up! I use "fat free" squeeze margerine, to me it tastes great on toast It has no dairy in it either. Also, try using low fat peanut butter. Personally I just use regular(natural kind only), but not everyone can handle that.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Thanks Amie, btw...Me too Amie! new
      #168782 - 04/10/05 09:53 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

One cup of oj and I'm dashing to the loo for hours! Drives me crazy. Sigh, I really miss dark grape juice, yum!

--------------------
Amy

PB fake ice cream new
      #168815 - 04/11/05 04:31 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There is a soy ice cream that comes in chocolate PB that is divine! I can only buy it at the HFS in Minneapolis so I am anxiously waiting my next visit! But nutz over chocolate Luna bars are very peanut buttery too. (there is a new flavor also called peanut butter cookie but it is high in fat- 6g. I want to try it sometime as a dessert and not a snack.)

Here is a pb cookie recipe. As you can see it is 31% fat but as a dessert after other low fat food they are ok. I use reduced fat skippy and that will drop the fat more. It drops to 1.875 fat grams per cookie from 2.4.

Peanut Butter Icebox Cookies

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons stick margarine, softened use a dairyfree kind like Willow Run
2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter use reduced fat skippy
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
Cooking spray

Combine first 3 ingredients, and set aside. Beat margarine and peanut butter at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugars, beating at medium speed until well-blended. Add vanilla and egg white, and beat well. Add flour mixture; stir well. Turn dough out onto wax paper; shape into a 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper; freeze 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°.

Cut log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on wire racks.

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Variation: Add 1 ounce of grated semisweet chocolate to the flour mixture.

Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)

CALORIES 69 (31% from fat); FAT 2.4g (satfat 0.4g, monofat 0.7g, polyfat 0.5g); PROTEIN 1.2g; CARBOHYDRATE 10.8g; FIBER 0.2g; CHOLESTEROL 9mg; IRON 0.4mg; SODIUM 53mg; CALCIUM 7mg;

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Thanks Amie, btw... new
      #168853 - 04/11/05 07:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Yeah, that's Heather's explanation, too. People with IBS are sensitive to fructose and fruit juice is high in fructose. As I understand it, the juice is worse than the fruit because you consume a lot more fructose faster with juice than you do if you have to actually eat the whole fruit. She recommends treating them like insoluble fiber and eating them carefully with high SF food. I imagine that cutting them with water would also help because it would reduce how much fructose you're getting in any one glass. But I would still lay down a good SF base.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Amie, So you can have... new
      #168877 - 04/11/05 09:27 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Any fruit? And any amount in one day just not juice?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Amie, So you can have... new
      #168910 - 04/11/05 10:51 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

not realyl.. but in moderation I have been able to have all fruits I've tried so far.... emphasis is moderation... and offset by having a SF base beforehand... juice will trigger me in minute qunatities though!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Amie, So you can have... new
      #168929 - 04/11/05 11:48 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Just cutting in....

Beth I can have any of the SF fruits (peeled and BAKED apples or pears, raw bananas) pretty much as much as I want all day. Other fruits I rarely eat, and then only in very small amounts with lots of SF. I don't drink fruit juice either, though occassionally I have some diluted cranberry juice.

I think it is the fructose in the juice that kills me, and with the whole (non-SF) fruits it's probably the IF + the fructose.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 288 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review