All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Are any of you struggling with your weight?
      #167755 - 04/06/05 07:07 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm also a serious asthmatic and am just recently diagnosed....so i am barely beginning to change my diet. Anyhow, I am a size 16 and have thus far had a heck of a time losing weight because of the stupid steroids that keep me alive. I'm thinking my IBS diet will help a bit, but is there anyone on here who is not beautifully thin??(not that I'm jealous, I just want to get there too.)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are any of you struggling with your weight? new
      #167763 - 04/06/05 07:25 PM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

There are definitely people on the board who are trying (and succeeding) to lose weight. You may want to check out the Lifestyle and Fitness Board. Good Luck.

Hehe! new
      #167801 - 04/07/05 12:33 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm a cheat...my photo is pre-IBS and pre-35 pound weight gain!

We want to see you now.... new
      #167803 - 04/07/05 12:35 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

bet you're still LUSH! x

Hmmm... new
      #167805 - 04/07/05 12:37 AM
Linz

...well I don't photo well so I tend to avoid it so the most up-to-date photos of me I have are from my wedding! And I got down (temporarily) to a size 12 english for that. I keep on meaning to updae my profile pic tho...maybe once I've got my hair cut!

New photo... new
      #167808 - 04/07/05 12:46 AM
Linz

...it's come out a bit weird so I might find another one, but here it is in BIG!

#167813 - 04/07/05 12:57 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Here is something I started three days ago so will have to wait for results.

1 tablespoon of pure honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to be boiled with 1 cup of water. Drink this in the morning half an hour before breakfast and the last thing at night. It guarantees weight loss.

Gorgeous! new
      #167821 - 04/07/05 01:30 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Linz, you look gorgeous!! Awwwww I love weddings.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Thanks Taylahmai! new
      #167825 - 04/07/05 01:56 AM
Linz

There's nothing like compliments for brightening up a girl's day!

It was a fantastic day. Awww. Sigh...

I agree! new
      #167832 - 04/07/05 04:19 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Beautiful!

I can relate to you -- but I am a little farther down the road new
      #167851 - 04/07/05 05:43 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I am an asthmatic -- and this has been a rough season for me. I was in the ER twice in two weeks and on prednisone and all kinds of extra meds on top of my advair - plus still having to use my nebulizer.... it was a tough time.

In any case, what I wanted to tell you is that I have had IBS and known it for about 2 1/2 years now. Since I switched to the diet I have lost 54 pounds. I did it slowly - between 1 & 3 pounds a week - and sometimes I did stop losing. This past winter I gained back 5 pounds - only to start losing again once spring hit. I want to lose another 7 - 10 pounds. That would put me at 122 - 125 - and at 5 foot 1 inch - that's normal not tiny. We'll see if my body agrees with me.

Now -- I am not dieting though --- I am just eating like I am supposed to for IBS -- though I do watch portions so I don't get too much fat -- or too many cals overall. (That will trigger an attack for me) I have dessert though (ADB brownie!!!)- I eat candies, I drink a mug of choc soy milk ..... So it's not a "diet" in my mind.

I just wanted to encourage you that it can happen. I know that after the first year my cholesterol had gone down - and I felt much better. It made my overall health better - not just my IBS.

Yeah this diet can be helpful! new
      #167869 - 04/07/05 06:48 AM
Linz

The best tip I have (ie. what I didn't do and wish now that I had) is to not go over the top on the sweet stuff. That way you'll be getting pretty healthy and generally low-cal foods. I was so chuffed to be able to eat brownies I totally overdid it and gained more than the weight I initially lost just from following this diet.

LINZ! new
      #167875 - 04/07/05 07:30 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I was going to ask you to post the full pic- your wedding dress looks really nice, simple and classy- any more pics of it for me?? pleaaaaaseeeee?

--------------------
S.

so very true... new
      #167877 - 04/07/05 07:33 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I have to fight to maintain my weight on thsis diet with my exercise levels... DH (when he sticks to it) eats with me and has lost some and mostly maintained- sometimes he eats junk and gains some but... he is a severe asthmatic and on steroids as well...

Good luck!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yes.... new
      #167881 - 04/07/05 07:45 AM
kshsmom

balance is the key -- I have to remind myself of that with every pan of brownies I make.

#167889 - 04/07/05 08:12 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, its a daily struggle for me!! My profile picture is from about a year ago. I was going to send you a personal email but I don't see it in your profile. I'm also a size 14-16 right now. A couple of years ago, I lost 40 pounds and got down to a size 6!!!! I did it by doing FIVE miles very morning on my eliptical trainer. I've had a very hard year, three miscarriages and a severly sprained ankle that develop major complications. Becuase of the ankle injury, I'm not allowed to do any weight bearing activities, not real conducive to weight loss!!! So, knowing that I HAVE to do something, I joined the YMCA and now take an after work swim aerbocis class three nights a week. Its a constant battle.

And, to add insult to injury, I was shopping in one of my former favorite stores, The Limited and asked for a size 14 and this aneroxic little chic says to me with a sneer "We don't have Plus sizes here!" Well, they used to carry 14's and since when is a 14 a PLUS size!!!! The severe bloating I get doesn't help ones self image either!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Wow! new
      #167936 - 04/07/05 09:57 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Linz! You look beautiful! I love the dress and your hair. Very elegant, sophisticated, yet sweet. You have great eyes and eyebrows. Thanks for sharing the pic! I'm probably never getting married, so it's fun to see others in their bridal gowns.

Re: Wow! new
      #167938 - 04/07/05 10:00 AM
michele

I agree Linz, you look absolutely LOVELY!!!!

--------------------

#167944 - 04/07/05 10:08 AM
marija

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Highland Park, IL

Well, I'm beautifully curvy at a size 16.

Of course, I'd like to shed a few so I can have a better selection of clothing, but I try not to worry too much about it right now and focus on the more urgent things, like getting the IBS under control. I'm really just starting on that. Previously I had an eating disorder which manifested in compulsive eating, anorexia and bulimia, at different times. I blame the eating disorders in part on IBS and GERD since they really screwed up my ability to feel hunger/satiety.

Addressing the GERD really helps me feel the hunger/satiety cues.

I don't believe in dieting on account of casual dieting leading to eating disorders for me, but I do believe I'm on a good path to controlling the digestive disorders and eating healthily. I did start exercising in a sane manner about 2 years ago and dropped about 12 or so pounds in the process.

I guess what I would say is that as much as it pains us all, you're better off addressing the health problems and maybe weight loss will follow.

Good luck!

#167945 - 04/07/05 10:10 AM
marija

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Highland Park, IL

Oh, and I'll add my 2 cents on Linz being absolutely stunning on her wedding day!

#167947 - 04/07/05 10:17 AM
michele

Marija, you have a great attitude!!!! I agree, being curvy isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact, my hubby preferrs women with a little meat on there bones and to the tooth picks that society portrays as the beautiful people!!

LaneBryant just got in some cute clothes, the are size 14 and up only. I find them to be really good for pants and skirts but their tops are too big on me as I have a very small chest.

--------------------

Re: New photo... new
      #167948 - 04/07/05 10:18 AM
trapley

Reged: 03/16/05
Loc: Miami, FLorida

You look soo beautiful. I assist my aunt in Wedding PLanning, and I love seeing the brides and how the wedding turns out. It looks like the setting for your wedding was also amazing. I can't wait till I get married.And Maria there is someone out there for you!

--------------------
Keep Smiling

#167959 - 04/07/05 10:56 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Stunning!

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

thats odd.. LB used to be 16 and up... new
      #167960 - 04/07/05 10:58 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

and express used to carry up to a 16.. when did that change on me? I don't wear those sizes, but my best friend and sister both do!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#167964 - 04/07/05 11:00 AM
lalala

Oh, thank you! But I actually have someone and we've been together for about 9 years! It's a great relationship and we love each other dearly (he was my best friend before we became serious), but I've just never been interested in getting married. That's all. Oh! I'm sorry if I came across as a pitiful, lonely girl! LOL. I'm really happy in my relationship. I just meant that even though marriage isn't for me, I enjoy seeing the dresses and the happy couples.

Re: thats odd.. LB used to be 16 and up... new
      #167975 - 04/07/05 11:30 AM
michele

I know Express only goes up to a 12 and The Limited stopped carrying 14's over the summer!!! I guess thats why LB picked up the 14 size!

--------------------

Maria - Never say never new
      #167986 - 04/07/05 11:47 AM
Sand

Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I got married last October to the man I'd been living with for over 14 years. Like you, he was my best friend and we were very happy, so everyone we know asks "Why?" and all I can say is, "It was time."

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

BEAUTIFUL! new
      #167987 - 04/07/05 11:49 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Wow - you look great.....stop being so shy and coy xx hehe And as they say in the West Coun'ry - ere, yer gurt lush mind xx

Re: Yeah this diet can be helpful! new
      #167988 - 04/07/05 11:50 AM
Sand

Me, too. I lost almost 10 pounds when I first started the diet, then gained most of them back on sweets. On the other hand, it would have been a lot harder for me to give up all the other stuff I used to eat if I hadn't been able to have the sweets. So I tell myself that now that I'm getting used to being on the diet, I'll cut back the sweets and the weight will drop off again. I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking or a positive attitude.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Maria - Never say never new
      #168173 - 04/07/05 10:12 PM
lalala

That's true! You never know! Sometimes I think about it... But I'm happy to hear that you've been together so long and you're still happy together. Congratulations!

Wow! You're just who I need to talk to!! new
      #168174 - 04/07/05 10:37 PM
_Willow

So do you exercise? If so what do you do?
What was the hardest part about losing?

i need all you can give me.
I'm on Symbicort 1-2 times a day and get prednisone with every big attack. I'm convinced it put the weight ON me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Wow, you have seen a lot this year. new
      #168175 - 04/07/05 10:40 PM
_Willow

You look great to me!,BTW.
I'm feeling that it's a lot of work. Not that I'm unwilling, but Dh works nights, I work days and we have a toddler. Me-alone time does not exist. And I live in Canada, where our winters end about now, and begin again in Oct. I'm walking and do golf, but it all depends on babysitting etc. Oy!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Funny you should say that.... new
      #168176 - 04/07/05 10:43 PM
_Willow

I always said if God had given me the ABILITY to make myself throw up, I'd be bulimic. I've been using laxatives for 10 years now. Never to a bulimic level but pretty close. i never lost weight from them though. GERD is part of the issue is it? I have a real problem with satiety clues too. When I graduated i was a size 5, and could go days without food and just NOT NOTICE. Ah, I wish.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

We don't have Lane Bryant up here.... new
      #168177 - 04/07/05 10:46 PM
_Willow

and since I'm a 16, i have a super hard time shopping in the plus stores. I'm still in serious denial.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LMBO!! new
      #168178 - 04/07/05 10:49 PM
_Willow

I hear that loud and clear.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hmm.... new
      #168180 - 04/07/05 10:51 PM
_Willow

that sounds YUMMY!
I know cinnamon alone can keep your mouth stuck together long enough that you have to lose weight!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL, the circle is complete... new
      #168181 - 04/07/05 10:54 PM
_Willow

People from the USlook at me like I'm talking out my bum, and those of you from the UK have things that make ZERO sense to me. Isn't that funny? Aren't we all English language offspring??

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

OMG! new
      #168182 - 04/07/05 10:56 PM
_Willow

You look like an English fairytale princess! Your hair is amazing.I looove weddings with the kilt and all. My sister's a McNeill, and he wore the regalia. I married a Webb. Oh well.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks everyone! new
      #168189 - 04/07/05 11:49 PM
Linz

Compliments are VERY cheering! Especially when I'm sitting here in an old dressing gown looking scruff!

The kilted guys are my cousins...we have grand and great-grand parents who were Scottish and it's kinda stuck!

There's nothing like being happy for getting a good pic! I hardly stopped smiling the whole wedding day.

Re: Wow! You're just who I need to talk to!! new
      #168226 - 04/08/05 04:59 AM
kshsmom

Well - I do workout - but not as faithfully as I should. I also didn't even really start until after I had lost weight by just following the diet -- I guess I needed that motivation. Once I saw results - it was easier. I still don't "like" to work out -- and I have to be careful because sometimes just the act of working out can bring on an asthma attack for me. It used to do that a lot. Now it doesn't so much (I think I may be losing that excuse).

When I work out I alternate between a ball workout and the treadmill. (I walk - not run) I used to do some Pilates as well. I have't done that in a long time though.

I think the biggest key to my weight loss (other than the lower fat diet & getting rid of sodas that is part of the IBS diet) was also the hardest part -- portion control.

I looked at what serving sizes were supposed to be. Then I slowly reduced my portions to be closer. (I swear - some of those portions aren't anywhere near right.) However -- I could tell in some cases - I was having 4 times or more what I should be having. That was not going to help my IBS or my weight.

Instead of having a bowl of cereal and filling it all the way to the top - I would pour a little less. Then in another week, I would pour a little less... and so on. My appetite got smaller and so did my body. My IBS symptoms were doing great too. As long as you don't go too low (and I love food too much for that).

Balance is the key.

#168407 - 04/08/05 05:45 PM
_Willow

So it is possible, huh? Are you a C as well? I'm mostly C but get bouts of D, that are not vicious.

If you can do it, then i can too. I have a barium swallow on Mon, and after that I'll be looking into "the diet" One last week of sin, SIGH!!

And portions.

And do you get hearttburn too? I find eating helps that so it's another reason for the gain. I am just at my wit's end. After 4 mos at the gym and seeing not one result, not one POUND, I am prety frustrated.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#168417 - 04/08/05 07:04 PM
kshsmom

I had heartburn - back when I was first diagnosed. It went away after I was on the diet for a while. I don't know whether it was the diet or the weight loss or a combination of the two.

I was IBS-D - but then I went the other way because I think I cut out too many insolubles. So I can swing either way now. I rarely have trouble either way anymore though. I am pretty stable. I usually have bloating and cramping -- and can stop it before it gets any worse than that.

You know you're frustration at the gym could be because of the way you are working out -- or that you're diet is sabotaging you -- or both. I know I used to do these workouts called The FIRM and never lost anything. Then I switched to a less demanding routine and I did start losing. Who knows? My body needed the other kind of workout. Maybe if you switch things up you'll have better results.

Also - sleep can make a big difference. I got an article in my e-mail on how losing sleep can make you gain weight. I used to track my weight loss and I would lose less (or none at all/gain weight) on the weeks when my dh was out of town and I didn't sleep well. So that can make a difference too.

Edited by kshsmom (04/08/05 07:08 PM)

#168419 - 04/08/05 07:18 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

I will tell you that I use to be a curvy 12 and at one time a 14. But this IBS diagnosis since having a baby made me lose a total of 55 pounds since last January! I must say though that I am noticing an increase in weight these past few months since I am stable and am able to eat a more variety of things. Weight has always been a struggle for me growing up as I was always called the big girl. (being 5ft 9 inches and weighing 155) It nearly knocked me over when someone called me skinny after being so sick with the IBS. Only now when I see pictures of myself do I realize how much my weight had changed.

I would say that if you follow this diet and watch the sweets you should be able to lose weight. I dont how much you like to exercise (me I am not really into it) But I would suggest even walking every night. It is a tough struggle, but remember to be happy with yourself and don't worry what size society thinks woman should be. Do it for yourself to be healthy and happy! Good luck!

Angela, I teach too! new
      #168437 - 04/08/05 11:29 PM
_Willow

I am a C mostly, so I haven't had much luck with losing due to IBS,lol. But I will be going on the diet once my barium swallow comes back, and I know I'm not making things worse. My barium enema came back normal, AKA IBS. I don't mind exercise, I just am constrained in that Dh works nights, I teach and my little girl has to be with me when I work out!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Huh, is that right?? new
      #168438 - 04/08/05 11:34 PM
_Willow

I usually get 6 hours of sleep and a nap in every day. That's the upside to having a rambunctious toddler up till 11 PM. Late nap!
Anyhow, I think I'm much more C than anything but I do get D as well.
The gym was circuit training, the best workout you could do, and I was on Weight Watchers too for a while. I definitely sabotaged myself a time or two but I really worked up a sweat and saw no results. It was just devastating.

But I think I'll USE my ball and weights and bands at home, like you, and walk whenever I can. I just need to figure out where the HECK in this tiny place to set it up. Right know it's all stuffed in closets. I bought a jumpo rope too, thought of giving myself a coronary, lol!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks, Maria new
      #168442 - 04/09/05 12:26 AM
Sand

--------------------

I also sneak in more calorie burn new
      #168464 - 04/09/05 05:57 AM
kshsmom

I do that by parking further away from the grocery store - using the stairs - instead of the elevator... doing something actve during the commercials of my fav TV show. I never kill myself working out - but I try to stay more active all the time. That ball is a lot of fun!

#168468 - 04/09/05 06:58 AM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

Marija,

I can relate to your experiences here. I have had IBS since I was about 11 ir 12. I didn't even know what that was back then, nor did anyone else. My body image was messed up, not too mention satiety cues etc. I have been down the same paths-anorexic, bulemic, and anxiety eating-compulsive. I take each day at a time and have also learned to focus on health and not weight.

My weight fluctuates. i was a svelt 110 lbs about 7 years ago when I was in one of my close to anorexic modes. Today I weigh in anywhere from 125 to 130 depending on what the week has been like. It is vry easy for me to gain weight if I am not careful. I gained 72 pounds when I had my son.

Thanks for sharing - I don't talk about my disorders much. It took me over 20 yrs to get a grip on them. I do attribute my celiac and IBS to the self image problem and contributing to my obsession with never feeling or looking thin.

Here's to our health!!!

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

#168469 - 04/09/05 06:59 AM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

Marija,

I can relate to your experiences here. I have had IBS since I was about 11 or 12. I didn't even know what that was back then, nor did anyone else. My body image was messed up, not too mention satiety cues etc. I have been down the same paths-anorexic, bulemic, and anxiety eating-compulsive. I take each day at a time and have also learned to focus on health and not weight.

My weight fluctuates. I was a svelt 110 lbs about 7 years ago when I was in one of my close to anorexic modes. Today I weigh in anywhere from 125 to 130 depending on what the week has been like. It is very easy for me to gain weight if I am not careful. I gained 72 pounds when I had my son.

Thanks for sharing - I don't talk about my disorders much. It took me over 20 yrs to get a grip on them. I do attribute my celiac and IBS to the self image problem and contributing to my obsession with never feeling or looking thin.

Here's to our health!!!

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Btw... new
      #168512 - 04/09/05 11:27 AM
Linz

...you need to get checked out for GERDs as this can lead to horrific complications if left untreated (but is also really easy to treat! ). It might not just be the IBS and weight that's cuasing the IBS.

Good luck with starting the diet! Be as adventurous as possible and you won't miss out so much! I love my diet now.

I wonder how many of us agree, Marija.... I do for sure. new
      #168531 - 04/09/05 12:11 PM
_Willow

When iw as younger, I TRIED very hard to become bulimic but I have no gag reflex. I have used laxatives on a weekly basis for the last 15 years. However, I'm a size 16 because I have so many medical problems as well as NO satiety clues. It's definitely a struggle. I'd love to be back to that 115 I was in high school. My grad dress was a size 5 and I felt fat. I'm 5'2 and won't even mention my weight today because I'm too embarrassed.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

You read my mind! I was told I had gastritis.... new
      #168534 - 04/09/05 12:21 PM
_Willow

after a honeymoon in Cuba and free drinks of low quality,lol. I've had a case or 2 of Montezuma's revenge from working in schools, daycares, and my honeymoon.

But I will be having that barium test on monday and I wonder if that coundn't find something. I'm DOING MY BEST to avoid coffee, and I havent had a Coke in weeks. That was so hard to quit because I was a waitress and drank about 4 cans worth a day for about 8 years. But it's a huge trigger. So is coffee and chocolate, obviously. I think that will helpo the GERD or gastritis, whichever it is. Yeah, I don't want long lasting damage. The downside is my diet will be that much more restrictive. The upside, I get my white carbs! I've been eating flax bread for months now. Wonder why I get big tummy aches.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I'm starting to do that too, parking etc.... new
      #168535 - 04/09/05 12:23 PM
_Willow

which is good, but I need to get the gumption to do more as well. I'm so scared that the weather will give me an attack. Wind is DANGEROUS for me, as is cold, and we live in Edmonton. I spent the winter on the couch, in pain....a lot of that had to do with thinking the gut was in my head, and the IBS diagnosis has made a helluva difference in my mood. At least I'm not imagining it, you know?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Weather... new
      #168573 - 04/09/05 04:22 PM
Linz

...is a trigger for many of us. Really hot weather gives me D and getting cold gives me cramps! In the winter, those stick on heat pads that they sell for back-ache and period pains can be a lifesaver...wear one or more on your tum and it'll stay warm whatever the weather!

I've also stopped wearing any tops that ride up and let a draft (sp?) across my tum...that's worse than anything!

Re: Weather... new
      #168587 - 04/09/05 05:53 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Absolutely. It's no joke! The heat gives me D, too. Seriously. Weeks of endless D! It's spooky. Why is heat such a D trigger. I'd love to go to India, but I'm afraid I'd pollute the Ganges. Okay, that was rude. But I'm literally a
"toiletprisoner" all summer long--even with the diet. It's hard to keep balanced electrolytes. My M.D. has me drinking Pedialyte and Gatorade when this happens, and I often get hospitalized, and eating a few bananas a day for the potassium. I guess the heat is a trigger for me too.

Hee hee, Linz..... new
      #168632 - 04/10/05 12:56 AM
_Willow

I was talking about the weather giving me ASTHMA attacks, but lol, if there's an IBS trigger there too, goody goody gomdrops!!

I doooo get bad period cramps. I always thought it was dysmennorhea but now I'm guessing it's IBS. I get very soft poops at that time, and often D.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Wow, you poor D's have it rough!! new
      #168633 - 04/10/05 12:58 AM
_Willow

I just keep expanding and expanding and the once a week or so I get a day of D and eveything starts all over again. Go figure. But it's never to a serious point with the D unless I'm tummy sick to begin with.

(hugs)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

D and heat. new
      #168638 - 04/10/05 01:30 AM
Linz

I go to hot places and just take it extra easy with foods (i.e. mainly SF), take Immodium and drink stuff like Pedialyte ALL the time. That keeps me doing fine....I just put up with extra bathroom visits.

Yep, that's why I hate summer! new
      #168640 - 04/10/05 01:33 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Sorry, just had to butt in. Not trying to lose weight but I get really bad D in summer. All summer long I seem to live in the loo! Heat packs and hot showers seem to help though, go figure I thought for years it was a weird coincidence that I got D every summer, worse than I get it in Winter. Guess it's a good thing in a way, at least I'm not freezing my bottom off all winter in the loo! (Always look at the bright side )

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 50707

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review