All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
I wonder how many of us agree, Marija.... I do for sure. new
      #168531 - 04/09/05 12:11 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

When iw as younger, I TRIED very hard to become bulimic but I have no gag reflex. I have used laxatives on a weekly basis for the last 15 years. However, I'm a size 16 because I have so many medical problems as well as NO satiety clues. It's definitely a struggle. I'd love to be back to that 115 I was in high school. My grad dress was a size 5 and I felt fat. I'm 5'2 and won't even mention my weight today because I'm too embarrassed.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You read my mind! I was told I had gastritis.... new
      #168534 - 04/09/05 12:21 PM
_Willow

after a honeymoon in Cuba and free drinks of low quality,lol. I've had a case or 2 of Montezuma's revenge from working in schools, daycares, and my honeymoon.

But I will be having that barium test on monday and I wonder if that coundn't find something. I'm DOING MY BEST to avoid coffee, and I havent had a Coke in weeks. That was so hard to quit because I was a waitress and drank about 4 cans worth a day for about 8 years. But it's a huge trigger. So is coffee and chocolate, obviously. I think that will helpo the GERD or gastritis, whichever it is. Yeah, I don't want long lasting damage. The downside is my diet will be that much more restrictive. The upside, I get my white carbs! I've been eating flax bread for months now. Wonder why I get big tummy aches.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I'm starting to do that too, parking etc.... new
      #168535 - 04/09/05 12:23 PM
_Willow

which is good, but I need to get the gumption to do more as well. I'm so scared that the weather will give me an attack. Wind is DANGEROUS for me, as is cold, and we live in Edmonton. I spent the winter on the couch, in pain....a lot of that had to do with thinking the gut was in my head, and the IBS diagnosis has made a helluva difference in my mood. At least I'm not imagining it, you know?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Weather... new
      #168573 - 04/09/05 04:22 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...is a trigger for many of us. Really hot weather gives me D and getting cold gives me cramps! In the winter, those stick on heat pads that they sell for back-ache and period pains can be a lifesaver...wear one or more on your tum and it'll stay warm whatever the weather!

I've also stopped wearing any tops that ride up and let a draft (sp?) across my tum...that's worse than anything!

Re: Weather... new
      #168587 - 04/09/05 05:53 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Absolutely. It's no joke! The heat gives me D, too. Seriously. Weeks of endless D! It's spooky. Why is heat such a D trigger. I'd love to go to India, but I'm afraid I'd pollute the Ganges. Okay, that was rude. But I'm literally a
"toiletprisoner" all summer long--even with the diet. It's hard to keep balanced electrolytes. My M.D. has me drinking Pedialyte and Gatorade when this happens, and I often get hospitalized, and eating a few bananas a day for the potassium. I guess the heat is a trigger for me too.

Hee hee, Linz..... new
      #168632 - 04/10/05 12:56 AM
_Willow

I was talking about the weather giving me ASTHMA attacks, but lol, if there's an IBS trigger there too, goody goody gomdrops!!

I doooo get bad period cramps. I always thought it was dysmennorhea but now I'm guessing it's IBS. I get very soft poops at that time, and often D.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Wow, you poor D's have it rough!! new
      #168633 - 04/10/05 12:58 AM
_Willow

I just keep expanding and expanding and the once a week or so I get a day of D and eveything starts all over again. Go figure. But it's never to a serious point with the D unless I'm tummy sick to begin with.

(hugs)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

D and heat. new
      #168638 - 04/10/05 01:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I go to hot places and just take it extra easy with foods (i.e. mainly SF), take Immodium and drink stuff like Pedialyte ALL the time. That keeps me doing fine....I just put up with extra bathroom visits.

Yep, that's why I hate summer! new
      #168640 - 04/10/05 01:33 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Sorry, just had to butt in. Not trying to lose weight but I get really bad D in summer. All summer long I seem to live in the loo! Heat packs and hot showers seem to help though, go figure I thought for years it was a weird coincidence that I got D every summer, worse than I get it in Winter. Guess it's a good thing in a way, at least I'm not freezing my bottom off all winter in the loo! (Always look at the bright side )

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 628 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51100

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review