All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Wow! You're just who I need to talk to!! new
      #168174 - 04/07/05 10:37 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

So do you exercise? If so what do you do?
What was the hardest part about losing?

i need all you can give me.
I'm on Symbicort 1-2 times a day and get prednisone with every big attack. I'm convinced it put the weight ON me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow, you have seen a lot this year. new
      #168175 - 04/07/05 10:40 PM
_Willow

You look great to me!,BTW.
I'm feeling that it's a lot of work. Not that I'm unwilling, but Dh works nights, I work days and we have a toddler. Me-alone time does not exist. And I live in Canada, where our winters end about now, and begin again in Oct. I'm walking and do golf, but it all depends on babysitting etc. Oy!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Funny you should say that.... new
      #168176 - 04/07/05 10:43 PM
_Willow

I always said if God had given me the ABILITY to make myself throw up, I'd be bulimic. I've been using laxatives for 10 years now. Never to a bulimic level but pretty close. i never lost weight from them though. GERD is part of the issue is it? I have a real problem with satiety clues too. When I graduated i was a size 5, and could go days without food and just NOT NOTICE. Ah, I wish.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

We don't have Lane Bryant up here.... new
      #168177 - 04/07/05 10:46 PM
_Willow

and since I'm a 16, i have a super hard time shopping in the plus stores. I'm still in serious denial.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LMBO!! new
      #168178 - 04/07/05 10:49 PM
_Willow

I hear that loud and clear.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hmm.... new
      #168180 - 04/07/05 10:51 PM
_Willow

that sounds YUMMY!
I know cinnamon alone can keep your mouth stuck together long enough that you have to lose weight!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL, the circle is complete... new
      #168181 - 04/07/05 10:54 PM
_Willow

People from the USlook at me like I'm talking out my bum, and those of you from the UK have things that make ZERO sense to me. Isn't that funny? Aren't we all English language offspring??

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

OMG! new
      #168182 - 04/07/05 10:56 PM
_Willow

You look like an English fairytale princess! Your hair is amazing.I looove weddings with the kilt and all. My sister's a McNeill, and he wore the regalia. I married a Webb. Oh well.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks everyone! new
      #168189 - 04/07/05 11:49 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Compliments are VERY cheering! Especially when I'm sitting here in an old dressing gown looking scruff!

The kilted guys are my cousins...we have grand and great-grand parents who were Scottish and it's kinda stuck!

There's nothing like being happy for getting a good pic! I hardly stopped smiling the whole wedding day.

Re: Wow! You're just who I need to talk to!! new
      #168226 - 04/08/05 04:59 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Well - I do workout - but not as faithfully as I should. I also didn't even really start until after I had lost weight by just following the diet -- I guess I needed that motivation. Once I saw results - it was easier. I still don't "like" to work out -- and I have to be careful because sometimes just the act of working out can bring on an asthma attack for me. It used to do that a lot. Now it doesn't so much (I think I may be losing that excuse).

When I work out I alternate between a ball workout and the treadmill. (I walk - not run) I used to do some Pilates as well. I have't done that in a long time though.

I think the biggest key to my weight loss (other than the lower fat diet & getting rid of sodas that is part of the IBS diet) was also the hardest part -- portion control.

I looked at what serving sizes were supposed to be. Then I slowly reduced my portions to be closer. (I swear - some of those portions aren't anywhere near right.) However -- I could tell in some cases - I was having 4 times or more what I should be having. That was not going to help my IBS or my weight.

Instead of having a bowl of cereal and filling it all the way to the top - I would pour a little less. Then in another week, I would pour a little less... and so on. My appetite got smaller and so did my body. My IBS symptoms were doing great too. As long as you don't go too low (and I love food too much for that).

Balance is the key.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1929 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review