All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I know! new
      #170781 - 04/18/05 07:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I've wanted to stay away too, which is a shame. The boards are my lifeline. But now I just find myself getting more upset and anxious whenever I try to log in and just see more and more repetative posts while the others get buried.

It is sad and not fair to everyone else.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hehe! new
      #170802 - 04/18/05 08:25 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Thanks, Linz. Glad you liked it. And thanks for posting - you've made me feel a lot better (... that voodoo that you do so well ...).

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Nope, definitely not! new
      #170805 - 04/18/05 08:31 AM
Sand

I think your advice is right on the mark. Or, as Yogi Berra so brilliantly put it, "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em."

And thank you for letting me know you approve of my post - I was pretty nervous about it. I, too, hope he reads and comprehends. It would be a shame if he missed a chance at something that could really help him.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: I'm glad I'm not the only one... new
      #170806 - 04/18/05 08:34 AM
Sand

Well, I'm sorry we're all out here, but it's nice to have company.

Thanks for the support - I'm getting kind of "bleary-eyed" here, as one of my coworkers used to say. Seriously, thanks.

--------------------

Re: No, Sand new
      #170811 - 04/18/05 08:38 AM
Sand

Thanks, Beth. Gosh, you guys are all great.

I haven't cruised the Board yet this morning - I came straight here - but if it's not helping, it's not. I'd say just follow Casey's advice and work around him. (Interestingly, that was also my DH's advice. Great minds with but a single thought. )

Have a good day.

--------------------

This might be a tad off topic.. new
      #170858 - 04/18/05 10:27 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Thank you for your post, Casey! As another moderator (who has too many projects on her table right now) it is a blessing when someone can find an answer using the search feature. Also, I am extremely greatful for all the members who have the patience and kindness to help out with questions - especially ones that may have been already answered many times before.

Although I may not answer many posts on this board, I do lurk to help Heather keep the boards peaceful and helpful. Luckily, there are already 2-3 helpful replies to the post by the time I read it so I don't feel as guilty for not having the time to reply.

So just wanted to say thanks again to all those who take the time out of their busy schedule to help out fellow members and newbies.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: A helpful reminder before posting a question new
      #170872 - 04/18/05 11:06 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

I agree with Mike E. Some new members may have something new to add to an old topic even if it has been discussed many times. I think some people are just freaked when their life is rudely interrupted by ibs. (I know mine did come on suddenly) and they want to do whatever they can to get their old life back. It can take a while to realize that it may never be the same. I think she's just scared.

Laura

lj new
      #170875 - 04/18/05 11:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Unfortunately the poster who sparked all this off (Volatile..actually a he) doesn't seem to have read the diet guidelines either! Multiple questions asking if dairy is okay get a bit silly when anyone who's read the guidelines knows the answer!

I know some people get freaked...I certainly did...but I've never understood that being ill/anxious/disabled gives you a right to be overly demanding or rude....Heather asks that all newbies read the guidelines before posting and I think it's only polite to do so! That's my two cents anyway.

Of course, if you do a search and your question isn't answered (or you want a different emphasis or feel you have something to add) then post away!

Well put, Sand...I've had a tough time navigating amongst all these posts!!! new
      #170940 - 04/18/05 02:24 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And I know I still have a ton to learn!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Well put, Sand...I've had a tough time navigating amongst all these posts!!! new
      #171531 - 04/19/05 02:52 PM
Sand

Thanks for the support. I was pretty nervous about posting but really felt it needed to be said.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review