All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help I need to lower my sugar intake.
      #166819 - 04/04/05 09:24 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I have a yeast infection... I need to lower my sugar intake.. How do I do this? I have no idea where to start.. I love my sugar..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

JOIN THE CLUB!!! new
      #166890 - 04/04/05 11:47 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I'm guessing you have an overgrowth of candida albicans! As do I!! Its a real toughie giving up refined sugar, BUT...I'm a sugar addict through and through and I've managed it - I was GF and sugar free for about 3 months before I even found Heather and her diet and now I'm doing it again, as I od'd on the sugar again!!!

Personally, I have only given up refined sugar, and anything with added sugars, even honey, am only eating fruit and fructose, but not a huge amount - as I couldn't go without my bananas. I have given up bread for the time being as well, as obviously this is yeasty. I have a Candida diet book if you would like me to post some recipes and what you can/can't eat on the boards?! Let me know.

Nik x

Probiotics new
      #166909 - 04/04/05 12:16 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi,
Hello fellow Arizonan!

Just making sure you're taking your probiotics or at least eating some soy yoguhrt, too, right? I've been told that helps with a yeast infection.

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Certainly does.... new
      #166917 - 04/04/05 12:22 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

It will help restore your good bacteria that will hopefully over populate the bad bacteria in your tum!! Also taking a prebiotic as well, will help those little things have more of a chance in there!!

Re: Certainly does.... new
      #166969 - 04/04/05 02:31 PM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I've been taking probiotics, eating soy yogurt and taking garlic pills.. The doctor told me to try and cut down on sugar too..

Re: JOIN THE CLUB!!! new
      #167099 - 04/04/05 11:32 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Just go for it. Chuck out or give away any tempting foods in the house. I found that fruit, esp. tinned fruit, helped me get over the first bunch of cravings. And a bit og hony in stuff can start to seem like such a luxury!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6859 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 642

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review