All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Worst day and best friends ever
      #1667 - 02/28/03 03:31 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I just thought I would share this story...

My best friend asked me to be in her wedding last November, and with some anxiety, I accepted. I spent the night before at the bride's house and the morning of the wedding dawned as awful as I had anticipated. I spent the morning fighting the bride for the use of the only bathroom in the house (not that she was anxious to spend long periods of time there after one of my visits). She and the other bridesmaids (most of whom I didn't know) were so kind and understanding! They told me I didn't need to go get my hair done (but I did anyway) and then we developed a plan for the church. They put me on the end of the row, closest to the side door. As long as I could walk down the aisle, I could continue out the side door to the bathroom, and then come back in time to return down the aisle at the end. It turns out that I made it the whole way through the ceremony without having to leave. I declined to ride the limo between the ceremony and reception, and instead went back to the bride's house to relax. I even made it to the reception (but only drank tea).

Most people don't understand exactly what is wrong, but it is so nice to have such understanding friends!

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Worst day and best friends ever new
      #3096 - 03/18/03 05:53 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

What a GREAT story--thanks for sharing! It is nice to have such understanding friends!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3129 - 03/18/03 11:36 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Your story was great as I'm being a bridemaid for my sister this year and I'm a little worried about it. At least it's in my church and I know the facilities if I need them, but I'm more concerned about the whole day, the trip to the reception and the reception itself in a hotel for the day. Guess I'll just have to try and stabilise myself before. Fingers crossed!!
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#3442 - 03/20/03 08:50 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Don't feel bad about taking a little time for yourself during the day if you need to. I skipped out on a half hour of limo riding and everyone was fine with it. Are you getting a room in the hotel the reception is in?

I am sure you will do fine... my attack came early in the morning because I was so worried about the day, but once the action started, there was so much going on that I forgot to be worried and didn't have an attack for the rest of the day. Just eat well, be relaxed and think positive thoughts.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#3458 - 03/20/03 12:33 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

There's going to be a room for my grandmother to rest in so I'm sure I can use that. I just don't want to take away any attention from my sister, it's her big day and I want to be there for her.I'm sure it will be fine, at least I have the knowledge to help myself now.
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1576 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1289

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review