All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Other Helpful Sources?
      #166618 - 04/03/05 02:53 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

In addition to Heather's books and her wonderful website, have any of you found other useful books you might recommend? On ibsgroup.org, they recommend "Breaking the Bonds of IBS" Anyone familiar with it? (Of course, Heather's books are also recommended there.)Creature of research that I am, I like sources, sources, and sources.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Other Helpful Sources? new
      #166627 - 04/03/05 03:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

To be honest, snorkie, I found that Heather's books are the end all and be-all of IBS. They make sense. There's so much conflicting information out there that I settled with Heather's because it finally made sense. This website has TONS of information on it - I would research it. Post any questions you may have.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Other Helpful Sources? new
      #166633 - 04/03/05 04:12 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

Heathers books and this bbs saved me a hospital stay and lengthy nutrition sessions. I still need to gain weight but I am doing better with my food choices, and thankfully now the Drs. know I am not anorexic. I had fallen into such a depression that I was afraid I would never get out again.

I agree with HanSolo... new
      #166748 - 04/04/05 04:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...some other IBS books out there are so DODGY - recommending lots of bran for example that I gave up and stuck with Heather's. Normally I'm an info junkie like you...have you tried the library? That way when you through the book down with digust you won't have paid for the privilege!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 426 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 395

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review