All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Is bloating common for a certain 'type' of IBS.....? new
      #167212 - 04/05/05 08:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I was never anorexic but I never had any issues with my weight until my mid 20's. The last 8 years or so, I've really struggled. I did realyl good a couple of years back and lost 40 pounds!! I got down to a size 6!!! I was doing 5 miles a day on an eliptical trainer and really watching what I ate.

I started gaining a little back at a time but was still a size 8 or maybe a 10 so I was ok with that as I am tall. Well, the past year has been very difficult for me with lots of other health issues and I've gained a lot of that weight back. The only exercise the dr's will allow me to do is swimming but I also anxiety eat so I'm not losing too much. Its also hard because I'm going through fertility stuff and hope to be pregnant in the next couple of months so I know I'm going to gain weight anyways. Its always such a struggle. Than add in a BIG BLOATED belly and that makes for a really bad self image. I did just go out and buy some new clothes as none of my spring/summer stuff fit. I figured if I lose a little weight I'm still going to need bigger sizes for when I get pregnant! I bought several really cute skirts that allow for tummy bloat and a couple of really cute capri pants with cute little matching shirts. I still try to dress kinda nice but its so hard when your belly acts up!! At least I work in a casual office so don't have to worry about finding suits to fit over a bloated belly, that would be very difficult! Its nice to know others have the same problems.

You know, there are still a lot of medical people who still don't think IBS is any big deal and its still all in our heads!! So frustrating!!! I'd like them to go through just ONE day with my tummy and tell me its no big deal!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OMG new
      #167258 - 04/05/05 12:02 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

CAN WE RELATE??? (that's an understatment)

Michelle..you are one brave gal to take this picture, let alone post it...but you have no idea how much it made the rest of us feel better. Thanks, Kandee

--------------------

*I KNOOOOOW* new
      #167260 - 04/05/05 12:10 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

(quote Monica on "Friends")

I'm in the same situation with the wishing we could wear tight, cute clothes. So I've made it a priority to wear really cute clothes when I'm not bloated - that way I look like everyone else - dressed up sometimes, dressed down sometimes... except my "dressing down" isn't from being lazy, it's from being pregnant-looking.

I can't wait til they find a cure, at least for the bloating.

As for the BM buildup, isn't it great when you finally go? Your tummy deflates almost instantly.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: OMG new
      #167386 - 04/05/05 06:57 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

That could have been me in that picture.

Thanks for posting, darlin'

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: It's the nature of the beast. new
      #169333 - 04/12/05 03:05 PM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

Hi Kandee,

I have serious IBS-C, and my bloating is incredibly bad. At it's worst, I've grown NINE inches on my waistline. I seriously looked like I was about to give birth! I was actually put on a feeding tube for a month because I was unable to eat due to the severe pain...but the bloating did not go away. Of course, the liquid food they put me on had sugar and TONS of fiber in it, so that probably didn't help. Eating lots of rice and mild foods helps me greatly. I stick to a strict diet and find that's what helps the most. Acacia started causing too much bloating and gas for me, so I'm sticking with flaxseed to stay regular. I take 3 Tbsp a day and it seems to work alright. I'm going to start taking ginger, potassium, and vitamin B supplements, which should help as well. Prunes, as nasty as they are, are known to help with constipation, and I'm going to experiment with eating them this weekend to see if they are a better solution to constipation.

My heart goes out to you. I have had to change clothes up to four times a day just to be comfortable according to my growing abdomen throughout the day. It's miserable, but with flaxseed, diet, and regular exercise, I've found some help.

-Alisa

Re: Is bloating common for a certain 'type' of IBS.....? new
      #169342 - 04/12/05 03:27 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Check out Heather's latest newsletter... there's a whole article on bloating and gas.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

OMG, but it doesn't really shock me! new
      #169367 - 04/12/05 04:40 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I was like that 2 days ago. It's so uncomfortable! Of course, it looks CUTE there, not so much on a size 16,lol

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Uh, Mary, for the record, new
      #169368 - 04/12/05 04:45 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

you're gorgeous!
And when you find THE GUY, he'll agree.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Alisa new
      #169379 - 04/12/05 06:36 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sorry the Acacia isn't working anymore. I don't have luck with SFSs either.

Can I ask what brand of Flaxmeal you use? Or do you grind your own whole seeds?

And can I ask how you take the flax. In water? Mixed in foods? How much do you take at one time?

I would like to try this since SFS do not work.

Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review