All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Member - some questions
      #1658 - 02/28/03 01:21 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I found this website because one of my coworkers happens to be a dietitian. I had to leave work suddenly because of a severe attack and she was concerned for me. She pressed me about how I was feeling and I embarrasingly told her that it is just this thing that occassionally happens to me when I eat. She brought in an article about IBS for me and said maybe I should read it.

The more I read on this site, the more excited I am that maybe this is what I have. Sounds strange to be excited to have IBS, but at least it looks as though it is something that is controllable and my husband can stop telling people that I can't leave the house "because she is allergic to restaurants."

Anyways, I plan to see my doctor, but in the meantime, I had two questions. Is nausea also a common symptom? And I see French bread listed everywhere as a staple, does anyone have an opinion on Pillsbury's french loaf in a can?

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Member - some questions new
      #1664 - 02/28/03 02:30 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I think nausea is a symptom some people experience. When I have a real bad diarrhea attack I usually feel nauseous.

#1665 - 02/28/03 02:52 PM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nausea was a common symptom for me when I first started having problems. In fact, I couldn't sleep for the first two weeks without taking gravol. The nausea was caused by inflammation of the lining of the stomach and acid reflux (GERD) which are now under control with medication (Pantoloc and Novo Domperidone). Reflux is I believe a side effect of IBS. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Lorna

#1666 - 02/28/03 03:23 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Thanks guys! I've been reading through the past postings and it is so reassuring to hear other people with the same symptoms. I was starting to think I was crazy, having attacks even if I hadn't eaten. Just the anxiety of going to a restaurant, shopping or traveling is enough to get me running to the bathroom.

Once my husband, some friends and I were just waiting to be seated at a restaurant and I had a terrible attack. I ended up going to an emergency room because once my attacks get started, I have trouble stopping them. Of course, they didn't find anything wrong with me at the emergency room, but a good dose of phenergen calmed me and my stomach down.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#1766 - 03/02/03 07:43 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I, too felt nauseous ALL the time when my IBS first started. Try ginger tea. Either cut a fresh piece and brew it in boiling water, or buy some (but make sure it's ONLY got ginger in it)

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2813 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1350

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review