All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
ive been noticing...
      #165752 - 03/31/05 12:16 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i just made this connection between today and yesterday. i have my list of safe foods..which always work fine for me. if i eat one at a time..and space out my eating periods, i dont bloat. does this happen to anyone else?? its almost if i eat 2 [or more] things off my safe food list, i can count on bloating. and if i eat something a little more risky like white-rice w/a seasoning, its guarenteed bloating will be there. so now im aware. how do i deal with this? its fine if i wake up in the morning b/c i can eat my breakfast and do my very early morning things [yoga..] but if i eat a snack too early or munch on something inbetween making a meal, i get bloated! it puts my system behind b/c when theres too much food in my stomach, my intestines cant process it as fast and i get C. im terribly afraid of this happening again but sometimes when i get worried/stressed a search out a snack--which is bad! so if anyone else deals with this..would you tell me some of your secrets?? thanks-so-much!!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ive been noticing... new
      #165756 - 03/31/05 12:20 PM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

What an interesting post-
I am someone who is bloated all the time-- Except in the morning as soon as I wake up. So I personally have not figured out exactly how to stop this bloating. I kind of just figure it is a part of my life now and that's it.
But I am quite anxious to see some more replies.

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

This is probably something to do with... new
      #165759 - 03/31/05 12:22 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

food combining. I've been reading a lot recently about how and when you eat and certain foods inhibit the digestion of others if you eat them together as each food group digests at a different rate...so it could be this?!

That's an interesting idea. new
      #165764 - 03/31/05 12:26 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If it is that (and if I understand the theory correctly) then a good all-round digestive enzyme should help.

Remember that while snacks are VERY good for IBS, over-eating is a BIG trigger....so if you're going to be snacking, keep meals small-tiny. I overdid my dinner tonight (there was one tortilla left and I ate it ) and within 5 minutes I was 8 months pregnant!

Possibly... new
      #165767 - 03/31/05 12:29 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

...but as fruit (esp Melons) digest at a rate of knots not sure if say eating them (not that i would, ouch) after a meal that a digestive enzyme would help?! As I say, not sure about it all as I'm new to this food combining malarky, but apparently there is a lot to be said for it?!

Food combining?-Nik? new
      #165771 - 03/31/05 12:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What types of foods are not supposed to be eaten together?

This would make eating very difficult, wouldn't it? I always have a potein (fish or chicken) with a grain and a veggie for dinner. This is probably wrong according to the food combining "rules" right?

Or if I take a digestive enzyme, would it be okay to combine like this?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Do you personally food combine?-nt new
      #165772 - 03/31/05 12:32 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

me too!! new
      #165777 - 03/31/05 12:47 PM
little bear

you do the pregnant theory too!?? i thought *I* was the only one who thought of it that way AND dealt with it!! cool except not b/c its sucha pain!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Hehe new
      #165780 - 03/31/05 12:50 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You obviously missed Michelle's (ecmmbm) post a while back when she'd done a website with a photo of her stomach out-to-here...it looked SO like she was pregnant but it was "only" a bad meal!

food combining new
      #165781 - 03/31/05 12:52 PM
little bear

i usually do alright during the day. if i eat breakfast really early in the AM like 7ish...then ive started my day and my food periods are normal..lunchtime is lunchtime, dinnertime is dinnertime..and so-forth. my scariest meal i think is dinner b/c its usually my biggest meal. now that ive been thinking about the combining theory ive been really scared to eat my soups! i have a veggie-alphabet soup and im scared each veggie will have a different effect. i keep thinking that if just 1 is problematic, the others will overule it and i wont have an issue but now im second-guessing that. 1 food item i count as 1 meal, which i know is not the best thing to do but its what i can manage. do you do this too?? ive been being really careful about what i add in as far as flavor too

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2867 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review