All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I get... new
      #165578 - 03/31/05 01:25 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

... Kingfisher Toothpaste - they have a pretty big range. Maybe you can get it near you? Have you tried your HFS? Or look for bicarbonate of soda toothpaste - that's often sweetener free.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I don't use any toothpaste.. new
      #165609 - 03/31/05 04:39 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

just a sonic toothbrush with my dentists approval because of this.. the last big help in my remaining symptoms becomming manageable was stopping to use sorbitol toothpaste!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yeah, sorbitol toothpaste made me pretty ill! -nt new
      #165610 - 03/31/05 04:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: Goodluck finding a toothpaste new
      #165639 - 03/31/05 06:16 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I use Burt's Bees Lavender Mint toothpaste, which doesn't have sorbitol or sodium lauryl sulfate (a detergent, basically what makes the toothpaste foam) in it. I use it because I used to get nasty mouth sores all the time, and I found that sls may make them worse. It's the only toothpaste I can find that doesn't have sls in it. It also doesn't have flouride in it, just to let you know. I'd give you a link, but Burt's Bees site is down at the moment. I get it at Whole Foods.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Another chemical product question new
      #165643 - 03/31/05 06:37 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

So I saw this thread and it made me remember something that I had been wondering about. I've seen a few commercials for makeup and beauty products that contain caffein, supposedly as an ingredient that tightens your skin and decreases wrinkles and swelling around the eyes. I've thought about trying this since I wake up practically every morning looking like someone socked me a good one in both of my eyes - but more problems with swelling then with dark circles kinda thing. But I worry about it because I have had my WORST attacks when triggered by caffein. Granted, this has always been through caffein ingested, but I avoid the stuff like the plague - SUCH bad news! So do you think it might be safe to use this stuff on my face? If it will make me sick, it's not worth it, but other than that - I would love to loose the beat up look!
What do you guys think?
Min

Re: NO Fluoride?????? new
      #165942 - 03/31/05 05:07 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My sister would have heart failure! She's a hygenist. She said to try Toms of Maine which you can get at the grocery store. She THINKS it doesn't contain sorbitol.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I use Denti - Clean. It's all natural and I have no problem with it. -nt new
      #165946 - 03/31/05 05:28 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Tom's of Maine DOES have sorbitol, as well as sls, in it, I've checked -nt- new
      #165947 - 03/31/05 05:29 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Oops, yes...Sorry new
      #165950 - 03/31/05 05:42 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

While I was typing the post she was on a website called Jeeves and it did say it contained Sorbitol. She did say, however, that a minimal amount is swallowed when brushing your teeth so she's not sure how it can aggrevate IBS (she also has IBS),however, I guess it's just like I can eat chocolate without any problem and other IBS'rs have to stay away from it. I know that when I chew sugarless gum or eat sugarless candy that it effects my tummy bad. So obviously if I get a larger amount in me it effects me but so far I've been using Crest Vanilla Mint toothpaste and it hasn't effected me. Go figure??? Sorry for the "misinformation"!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

sensodyne new
      #165979 - 03/31/05 07:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

No, I use it and have read the box. At least the whitening kind of Sensodyne doesn't have sorbitol.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 798 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review