All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Plus the not being able to breathe feeling! -nt new
      #165398 - 03/30/05 01:58 PM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

what do you mean?that comes from GERD also?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yep! new
      #165433 - 03/30/05 02:53 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Sorry was that a bit confusing?

heres my ibs story new
      #165706 - 03/31/05 10:28 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

you know come to think about it, i have been having really bad problems breathing which causes me to panic myself into a horrible panic mode. i just made the connection recently that i can never breath well when i eat too much. b/c of the bloat in my tummy. i figured it was my asthma but i never exert myself exercise-wise. i have excercise-induced asthma and when i wasnt exercising and got bad attacks, i started to wonder.
i found out about my ibs in feb of 2003. mine had actually been triggered by depression and disordered eating. i had terrible pains and my stomach got very 'big' after i would eat something small, like an apple. i didnt understand what was wrong and since i was feel so sad i assumed it was something being done to my body, that i somehow *had* and deserved to go thru the pain. i went to so many doctors and none of them told me any helpful news or remedies. i even had the upper GI and the lower GI and they kept saying that my colon was clean but i could tell it was obviously not. and that only made me more sad and more stressed b/c i didnt know what was going on. my orignal family doc was the last to see me and recommended dulcolax to relieve the C but never told me to stop taking it. he instructed to continue taking it for relief. i did and when i wasnt getting the full effect, i would increase the dosage until i became so dependant upon them that i could only manage to eat applesauce and saltines. i also discovered i had [along with the ibs, which was later determined] a peptic ulcer. i was told to eat plain turkey sandwichs on plain white bread, blueberries, bananas, water, and apple juice. not the most exciting diet. i was also put onto probiotics [that didnt help] and fibercons, along with a stool softener. ive taken them ever since, not b/c they really help but more b/c im scared to not take them, since theyve been w/me so long. i tried everything from my own diet inventions to slimfast hoping something would make me eat better and feel better. my current boyfriend turned me onto vegetarian options and later on, vegan options. im still having bowel issues but i cannot begin to tell you what a difference vegan has been for me as oppose to meats and dairies. i eat oatmeal, apples and pears, canned fruits in juices, rice mixes, fresh salads with beans, babyfoods, applesauces and vegetable soups---all of which is not only vegan but also organic! the organic preperation of food makes it ultra-easy on my tummy, b/c what you see is what youre getting---nothing inbetween like preservatives. even try inventing your own dish. for my salad i add on pinto beans [TONS of fiber AND fatfree ] peeled pear-chunks and seedless tomato slices. for a dressing i drizzle over some red-wine vinegar and agave [honey substitute] its all about being creative!! good luck!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: heres my ibs story new
      #165711 - 03/31/05 10:36 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Ashley,
I remember that feeling that I must have done something bad so that I would deserve to be going through all this pain and sickness - it is an awful feeling. I still get it sometimes when the pain gets bad and gets prolonged. My husband is good at helping me to talk my way out of it and get beyond it. I'm glad you've found ways to get better and stay away from the pills dependency issues. I'm not vegan, but I know that for all of us, it is SO important to find out what we can and what we cannot eat - it's a personal battle, but once you get there, you're right, things do, slowly, get better.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Min

turkey and mayo new
      #166957 - 04/04/05 01:55 PM
Kemi

i was wondering if regular turkey is ok for us to eat?it says buy organic..and is mayo diary free?is it safe for us to eat that,and i was also wondering about fruit loops are those safe?if anyone knows let me know.thanks for your help!

Re: oatmeal new
      #166994 - 04/04/05 04:00 PM
MikeE

Reged: 03/31/05
Loc: Seattle, WA

Oatmeal gives me problems as well. Even though oatmeal is supposedly gluten free supposedly how it is processed can end up causing it to contain gluten, so I'm guessing that's why it bothers me. When I eat GF most of my GI symptoms go away. I still have problems every once in a while. Mainly it's the feeling that I have to keep going to the bathroom or when I go it's only little bits at a time.

#167030 - 04/04/05 06:40 PM
Kemi

HEy mike!i love oatmeal!!i wish i could eat it without problems.i dont have celiac disease or have to go gluten free but i get other problems such as relley bad gas,bleching mostly,and just dont feel well all together when i eat it.they do have a GF oatmeal though right?i bet it doesant taste the same though.

#167042 - 04/04/05 07:47 PM
MikeE

I don't have CD either. And you don't have any problems with any other wheat type products? Bread, pasta, etc? Might be the amount or type of fiber for you instead of the gluten.

I've never tried gluten free oatmeal; I'll have to see if I can find some. But other gluten free products taste pretty good actually. My wife made me some gluten free cookies and they are yummy, though I don't know how well the fit in with IBS.

#167046 - 04/04/05 07:51 PM
MikeE

Oh, and I always used to like oatmeal too. Strange how I can't eat it now.

Re: turkey and mayo new
      #167120 - 04/05/05 04:29 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I eat Plainville brand turkey breast on french bread for lunch.
I was using Hellmans Just 2 good mayo- but alot of people here use the reduced fat kind.
Give it a try see how you do with it.
Some people may not tolerate it well while others can.
I never did the Fruit Loops- I have Apple Jacks and Cheerios (honey nut Cherrios).

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 958 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26666

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review