All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
foods to heavy!
      #16458 - 08/06/03 10:16 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

good morning everyone; IT seems that my rice porridge and breads are TOO HEAVY for me these days. I get the runs if I eat too much. Especially at bedtime, if I have too much and then my cereal in the morning, it is too much for my system to handle. I THINK that on an empty stomach it is ok, but I hAVE TO BE cAREFUL how much I have. Even if I have lots to drink before bedtime, if I don't have to go, the food is still there and then too much in the morning will cause runs. I am experimenting to see how much I can handle safely, at least, until I can find a dry cereal to have. I am going to try alternatice cereals to see what happens. It is just TOO HOT for my regular foods, even my breads are getting too much for me. Just to let you know.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: foods to heavy! new
      #16497 - 08/06/03 02:41 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

Hi Louise
I find that if I eat within two hours of bedtime, then I get D in the morning. I find what works better for my health is to eat some cheerios or something light and then wait two hours, and then go to bed. That way digestion can happen thoroughly. Also, if I am feeling particularly over-full from a meal, which I get at least twice a week, I find that a leisurely half hour stroll outside helps me, as does peppermint tea.
Good Luck
Kris

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Re: foods to heavy! new
      #16516 - 08/06/03 07:19 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hi Kris; I wish I could eat cheerios. OATS SEEM to be a problem for me. I have to juat eat less.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7051 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review