All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My poor toush! ATTACK at a sushi restaurant!
      #164516 - 03/27/05 04:14 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!
First of all, my attack was not the result of eating any sushi so no worries there!
Since going on the Colitis med I am on, I haven't had any major D attacks.. Well, maybe a couple, but SIGNIFICANTLY less than I was having before. I still get pain and nausea, but my BMs have been much more solid.. 'til today!!
Was feeling fine, went to pick up a friend, put her hair in braids for her, and off we went to the sushi restaurant. The place was PACKED like it normally is, but I didn't even think about it 'cause I haven't had D in so long that I am far less nervous about going out.
So we sit down, look at the menus and I start to get cramps in my stomach all of a sudden. I ignore them, keep chatting, the waitress still hasn't come to see us.. all of a sudden, I have cold sweats and have to take deep breaths to calm down. I asked my friend if it was warm in there, she said no not at all. So I keep ignoring it, keep chatting, waitress still doesn't come.. All of a sudden I GOTTA GO!
I get out of the little cubby hole table and shuffle in my socks to the ONE BATHROOM of the restaurant, where the stall door doesn't lock!
I spent ages in there, cramping and sweating and just - like the energiser battery - going and going and going! I finally got up to leave and went back to my friend, we ordered and I could only pick at my food 'cause I was so afraid of having to go again.
I got home about 2 hours ago, just had another attack. My poor toush is so sore now, it thought these days were over! Needless to say, it was lucky I had some wet wipes and my heating pad!
We are having family over for dinner tonight, but other than that I have nothing to do so I am not panicked or anything. I have to tutor tomorrow morning, so I just hope this attack ends by early tonight so I have time to recover before the drive out there!

I think I know what might have caused it - I have been getting VERY little sleep lately since Adrian started working nights and we had people over 2 nights ago who stayed until 6:30 in the morning (when I had to work 2 hours later, so I just skipped sleeping all together) so my body is all a mess. I also ate popcorn yesterday which, although it has never bothered me before, I know can be a big-time trigger for a lot of people so I won't be having that any time again soon.
Just wanted a little vent since I hate telling people in my family and stuff now when I get sick and am feeling pretty yucky right now!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My poor toush! ATTACK at a sushi restaurant! new
      #164519 - 03/27/05 04:48 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh Steph you aren't alone! Friday night we went to TGI Friday's to celebrate my DH's birthday and I was having a bad IBS day to begin with, so I go to order a plain baked potatoe and they no longer carry them (another thread that I vented on). I'm kinda glad that I didn't get anything to eat cause while we are sitting there, me watching my children eat ribs and my DH eat shrimp, I suddenly feel nauseous, get pains and also have to run to the bathroom. Mind you, this restraunt I've been known to accidently run into the mens room. I did this not once but two or three times. So I'm really concentrating on making it to the ladies room. I make it and all heck breaks loose. Gas, D, the works. Thank goodness I was the only one in there. Then the stinkin toilet is one of those that flushes on it's own so I guess it thought I should be done and it automatically starts flushing on me. Now my butt is wet. I go again and then I'm finally done. Hoping my family is almost done their dinner so we can leave, I get back to the table and they are still eating. It was just painful having to be there. I felt bad cause my boys wanted to go to a sports place afterwards but "mommy couldn't cause of her belly". They know it's the story of my life.
Hope you are feeling better by tomorrow. I have the day off so I'm safe for tomorrow

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Man what is with this weekend? new
      #164521 - 03/27/05 05:05 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Too much D going around. So sorry ladies. I have to say I was quite glad to be at home when mine struck! But of course been there done that with tiny public bathrooms and all. Feel better soon!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Yeah, same here new
      #164542 - 03/27/05 07:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've done my time with the public bathrooms... but this morning's D attack, thankfully, happened right after breakfast, so I was still safely at home. But it's a bummer no matter how you look at it. Hope you all feel better quickly!

Hugs Steph. new
      #164549 - 03/27/05 08:33 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Yucky! I guess that's the worst thing. We never know when or where but it's always better when we're safely at home when it strikes. Hope you feel better soon and get more sleep naughtly girl
Edited to add: Do you have colitis? Or is your doctor just trying you on the med? Don't remember reading bout your colonoscopy but maybe I just missed it.

--------------------
Amy

Edited by doubletrouble (03/27/05 08:34 PM)

Re: Man what is with this weekend? new
      #164618 - 03/28/05 07:15 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I had an exceptionally bad weekend too! Easter day was spent in jammies all day. Missed church and going to moms. Sat at home with heating pad and took a hot bath a couple times. In and out of my own private bathroom, thank goodness, not with D, but constant cramps, gas, and frequent and painful little BMs. Spent day in bathroom. Not a good Easter.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Bad weekend all around... new
      #164677 - 03/28/05 10:08 AM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

....I also ended up in the bathroom at Menards on SAturday with a D attack. I had a turkey sandwich at Panera on sourdough, so I would think that should've been completely safe...oh well!

Re: My poor toush! ATTACK at a sushi restaurant! new
      #164850 - 03/28/05 10:39 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

stephie thats not fun when your in a resturaunt when you have stomach cramps. i had that happen to me alot. hope your having a better week. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 781

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review