All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Not sure if the alcohol would be GF new
      #165513 - 03/30/05 07:03 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thanks Angie! But if the Rescue Remedy has alcohol in it, I don't think it would be considered GF. Since alcohol is usually a grain.

I think there may be some controversy on this issue though. I thought I read that it may be okay???

I wonder if Kandee knows.

I wouldn't try the other one because of the dairy. I don't want any extra anxiety over worrying if the dairy was going to be a trigger!

I would rather take something natural besides the klonopin though.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ruchie, I wish I had your optimism new
      #165515 - 03/30/05 07:08 PM
Augie

I just don't see an end to this pain, or any answers for me. I keep trying and researching, but all I get is confused and the unbarably pain continues.

My doctor does not know I take valerian with the klonopin. I just figured it would be safe.

Also, where do you get peppermint oil from? I will ask my psych about the feverfew and the valerian at my next appointment. Thanks for mentioning this!

PS. Do you know if a supplement contains alcohol if that is GF safe for me. The one Angie posted about further up in the thread?

Love to you, sweetie!

--------------------
~ Beth

Yes, Kandee is a gem! new
      #165517 - 03/30/05 07:16 PM
Augie

She's a very wise and special lady. We are lucky to have her on the boards. Wish she wasn't so busy so we could have her all to ourselves, but I guess she must work and have a life too! Unlike me, who has no life! I would love some more of her recipes!!

I think that is a good way to approach your doc. They do get offended when you tell them what to do, even though I think we usually know more than them about what should be tested for! I know I am the one who insisted I get a celiac test, and low and behold the antibodies came back postive! Otherwise, the doc never would have done this test on his own.

--------------------
~ Beth

Rescue remedy... new
      #165579 - 03/31/05 01:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...is in a grape alcohol solution...ie. some kind of fortified wine, so no grains! My DH's been trying it as has our puppy and my Mum loves it...tho she sometimes says she feels she needs to glug the whole bottle back!

Beth new
      #165580 - 03/31/05 01:29 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Tell your doc about the VAlerian asap...herbs can interfere with all kinds of meds!

I just replied about the Rescue Remedy.

Beth, Booze is fine, Beer isn't.
      #165668 - 03/31/05 08:44 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

As you can see here most alcohol is considered GF and ok no matter what the sourse. It's beer that you should avoid because of the barley..that is unless you want to spend a huge $ on specialized GF beer. Kandee

--------------------

Awww, thanks Beth and Chrissy.....
      #165669 - 03/31/05 08:47 AM
Kandee

that was so sweet of you to say.

Beth, I couldn't agree with you MORE...
I'm so glad you insisted on the Celiac blood test from your doc. The truth of the matter is that many docs don't know as much as we do..they don't have the time. If ANY doc regects a request of yours for a simple blood test, I say fire them!! (I have!)

Kandee

--------------------

Chrissy...your symptoms...
      #165673 - 03/31/05 08:57 AM
Kandee

sound so thyroid related (having been there...and yes with thyroid induced depression as well). If it runs in your family, you have a good chance of having it as well, just like gluten intolerance. Although I certainly embrace alt medicine wholeheartedly there are somethings better left to Western medicine testing devises. The Barne's Basal Metabolism test if fine for indicating you have a problem but it won't give you the numbers you need to treat thyroid disease appropriately once you have it. Kandee

--------------------

Ooh, I love that....
      #165702 - 03/31/05 10:15 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I'm a tee-totaller but love the taste of rescue remedy!! And it calms you right down if you're having panic attacks!

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN Ruchie. Purim was Soooo hard fo rme.
      #165842 - 03/31/05 01:41 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

We ate at the Synagogue and I had fasted so I was starving, and while everyone feasted on burgers and hamantashen I was stuck with my pot of apple sauce and ADB. (And silly me I had only bought one cup of apple sauce and one ADB thinking that would be enough for the evening.
I hosted the Purim meal on Friday so I made chicken for myself but even still it was HARD to watche everyone else gorging on my DH's gourmet meatballs. Plus, because I have small kids we got ALOT of Shalach Manot with ALOT of junk food. eventually I could not resist the Hamentashen and... yes I was quite nauceous as a result.

My bigger fear is Pesach. I have NO idea what to do about that since bread has always been my backup food.
Chany

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 733 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67543

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review