All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: Darlin' new
      #164621 - 03/28/05 07:21 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Aw, you poor thing! Throwing up sucks!

I brought my own food for Easter brunch yesterday and felt bad about it, but at least it was safe, ya know?

Just keep a bunch of portable coolers around the house and you can always pack safe food to take anywhere, anytime!

Love, Elizabeth

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Darlin' new
      #164637 - 03/28/05 08:49 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

That's so great! What did you bring?

i love the cooler idea! I also put things in sandwhich baggies and bring them along. This morning we went to the car place so I brought half a banana, half a pear, a rice cake, and 2 small pieces GF bread!

I hope you have a terrific tummy day *hugs*

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Are you able to have Matzoh on Pesach Amie? new
      #164638 - 03/28/05 08:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

How about Charoset? I would think you could have those...but I don't know what you can/can't tolerate?

I hope you have a wonderful Pesach Sameach! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie sweetheart new
      #164639 - 03/28/05 08:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

(((((((((((Chrissy)))))))))))))

Thank you SO MUCH!

It's getting better every day.

As long as we have our health, I am learning, the rest is unimportant. I am jut praying going GF with make me TRULY healthy for the 1st time in my life...and I have a feeling it will

Have you read danna Korn's book Wheat Free, Worry Free? It is helping me TREMENDOUSLY! I have such a better outlook from her book....

Anyway...I hope YOU are doing well. We will get through this TOGETHER! Power in #'s

Sending you love and strength to be GF!

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks Ruchie! new
      #164853 - 03/28/05 11:38 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I'm happy to be there for you! I hope things are looking better for you. I don't eat totally gluten free, but I don't eat wheat. I have made quite a few gluten free breads, though, because my dad and I like to experiment with them (he eats GF to stay thin and have low cholesterol basically), so if you have questions about it, just ask and maybe I can help. It's great that you made GF bread for the first time!! This weekend, I was home and we made Heather's Cinnamon Zucchini bread with Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour and it was SO yummy!!

I don't think I've gained weight yet I have been trying to eat lots of carbs frequently in little portions and I do think I have been able to get in more calories. I'm seeing a dietician next week, so hopefully that will help. Thanks for the hugs!! Talk to you soon.

--------------------
~Angela

Re: Are you able to have Matzoh on Pesach Amie? new
      #164872 - 03/29/05 04:45 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I can have matzah (and btw- there is oat matza that is gluten free apparently- mom and her friends who are celiac use it).. and I hope I can have haroset- haven't tried it yet but I am planning on making a ton!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yippee! new
      #164906 - 03/29/05 07:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm so jealous I actually love Matzoh LOL

You just gave me an idea: make my own Charoset! Any idea how to do it without a processor?!?!

i hope you have a WONDERFUL Pesach! Btw, how are you feeling *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks Ruchie! new
      #164907 - 03/29/05 07:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow...that's so neat! i am going to HAVE to make GF muffins this weekend if at al possible. Esp. since hubby and I go away next Tues for a whole wek job hunting/apartment hunting where we hope to move in a month and a half So send any recipes that I can take on the trip my way please! I need stuff for the plane, stuff for eating at mom and dad's, and in the community!!!

I am soooo gladyou're going to see a dietician! Please let us know how it goes. It takes time to gain/lose weight! But you're a fightwer and I know you're doing great! *hugs* Have you/your dad been tested for celiac? how did you decide to go GF (mostly)?

I hope you find your path to wellness SOON (looks like you're already there!) *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie!! new
      #165000 - 03/29/05 11:17 AM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

I saw this before Purim, but I just goot the opportunity now to sit down and write a response. I hope by now you're feeling somewhat better. I would give hugs, but there are a few problems there so we'll have to have someone else do it.

The way I see it, the move should help a lot. You're going to a place where hopefully, poeple will be better attuned to your problems. Not knowing exactly WHERE you're going, I can't offer any specific advice as to the community, but I'm confident that you know what you are doing.

A good idea, as a general practice, is to tell people that invite you over what you can and cannot eat as early as you can following the invitation; heck, even when they GIVE the invitation. When people invite me for stuff here, I tell them that I am more than willing to accept, but "I can't eat red meat." And I personally try just to leave it at that instead of running through everything because I'm at meals of 20+ college students, and to make the whole meal IBS safe isn't practical.

But for you, where 1) You're a LOT more mature than college kids (I hope) and 2) It's a smaller group, it's probably not too hard to work out with the hosts what you can and can't eat. In general, people won't inquire too much if you say it's a medical issue, and even if they do, I rely on the good ol' "intestinal disorder." It's usually enough for people to realize that it's serious but...er..."gross" enough that they stop asking questions And if you then don't wash or drink wine, they usually can figure out on their own that you have a heter.

And you already identified your other issue, which is that you need to be more assertive. But you already know that.

Good luck preparing for Pesach.

Avidan

PS: My father finally gave me a heter to eat gebruchts!

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Ruchie and Beth, the GF IBS club :) new
      #165107 - 03/29/05 06:52 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Ruchie, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today. Thanx for your post in the recipe board, I thought I'd better reply in here or I'd get in trouble for misposting!

Well I had a pretty traumatic childhood, and I've always had self image problems, so its not surprising that I have some sort of eating disorder. I've never been anorexic as I love my food too much! But I have had binge eating problems the past few years, and did also when I was younger - I'd starve myself for a few days, then eat and eat and eat cos I'd be so hungry, and feel so crook because of it that I'd starve myself again, etc etc etc. Such a vicious circle.

I didn't mention ADs because I used to take them for depression, and I found they were useless. I only became more depressed because I was focussing on my problem 24/7. But I am worried that I am depressed at the moment, I have no energy and I used to have such determination for improving my health that I would stick strictly to my GF/ IBS diet. These days I don't have the willpower so I'm constantly cheating and feeling even more depressed because of it. I have yet another docs appointment on monday because I feel so sick today, I've had headaches, blurry vision/ poor concentration, fatigue, nausea, back aches and chronic bloat for months now. I've decided to bite the bullet and order a complete examination, I can't go on feeling like this anymore, there's got to be more to it then just IBS and gluten intolerance.

Sigh, sorry for whinging, but I feel so sick today

Anyway, Beth, welcome to our GF IBS club!! Its great to have such warm support from other GFers. Somedays I wish there was no such thing as food!! Ruch, I haven't read Danna Korn's book, but I do have one from the coelaic society that is very interesting.

Talk to you all soon xxxxxxx

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 350 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review