All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: Feeling SO alone....I know you will understand tho! new
      #164152 - 03/25/05 06:40 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Ruchie!!!

Just saw this today Don't think I'd have much to add to what everyone else has already said, so I'm sending you hugs, encouragement and good wishes. You KNOW we've all been there. Personally, this is the hardest part of IBS for me (plus you've got other dietary restrictions). Yes the pain and all that is horrible sometimes, but if I could just sit in my apartment all day and make all my own food and never go out and just deal with it, it wouldn't be so bad! OK that would be a terrible life... I actually just made up a phony excuse yesterday to turn down an invitation to dinner at the residence of the PRINCIPAL OF MY UNIVERSITY - because I didn't want to have to deal with the food issues. Sigh.

So yes, we ALL understand! Hang in there! And if you decide(d) to go hope you had a great time! Giant hugs

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#164155 - 03/25/05 07:05 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Poor hun! Remember IBS is a disease (of sorts) and everyone should think of it that way. I mean no one would tell a diabetic to eat this caramel I made just this time! So don't be embarrassed. I know it is tough, but we all need to stay focused and be a little self-centered and snotty about OUR health problems!
Can't the bread be made with non-wheat flour? I heard last night that it could- technically.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#164550 - 03/27/05 08:36 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks LM! Actually...in order to wash on the bread it has to have wheat flour in it.

I made myself some GF bread tonight!!!!!! It is actually VERY GOOD! And when I spoke to one of the girls in the community we are looking into...I told her what I can/can't eat for when we visit! She DID ask how I survive this way...and I told her I'm still figuring it out. But she was SO SUPPORTIVE! Ok...so I was def. embarased....BUT this is what I have to do to be healthy. So be it. At least there' something I can do, right?!?!

Thanks again *big hugs*

P.S. I loe your line about being snobby about health. Can I borow it

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Laurel....thank you SO MUCH! new
      #164552 - 03/27/05 08:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

We shouldn't have to cancel plans because of our dietary needs! *sigh* With gluen probs....it can actually cause damage to our bods even more so than just an attack (not fun either)!

Anyhow...thanks for this....you really helped

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Angie, you're a sweetheart! *hug new
      #164554 - 03/27/05 08:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Btw...in additoin to fibro it looks like I might have hypothyroidism AND hypoglycemia...a whole host of things. They are quite connected....but I'm sure you already knew that!

You also eat GF right? How is that going for you/ Have you been able to gain any weight? I hope that is working out GREAT for you!

Fibro is YUCK! But I see ery clearly that tkaing care of myself is CRUCIAL and I find that if I don't take care properly I suffer the consequences. Diet, sleep, movement, etc....my lifestyle I guess you would call it...are absolutely pertinent to my well being.

Sorry for rambling I forgot what I was saying???

Point is: Thanks for being here...and if I can ever return the favor I'm THERE! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Darlin' new
      #164555 - 03/27/05 08:47 PM
Snow for Sarala

Elizabeth!

Thank you SO MUCH!

*hugs*

We went out this weekend Fri night and Sat lunch for Shabbos. I ate meat thinking it would be okay so I could be with people. I THREW UP THE MEAT last night Lesson LEARNED!

If being with people means getting sick....why do it?

Fri. night I brought my own food so it was ok.

in the future I will ALWAYS need to bring my own food.

I think I had more to sya but I can't remember right now...having bad hiccups

Anyhow...thank you again *big hugs*

With love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Still figuring it out new
      #164556 - 03/27/05 08:49 PM
Snow for Sarala

Im not so sure what I can/can't eat yet. Ae you GF? Is that why you're wondering what I eat? If so...I'l ty to compile a list for you.

oy...i have horrib;e huccups...I think I'd better just go to bed Please forgive me!

With love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie- a few options... and *HUG* new
      #164582 - 03/28/05 03:08 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I can definitely sympathise.. I have this issue on a regular basis.. my havurah's potlucks are dairy.... so I can eat what I bring and SOMETIMES something else if I know for certain.. no matter how many people know of my food issues... I know I will be able to eat the meat at seder and that may be it (they are serving a turkey) and whatever dish I bring!.....

normally I'd switch to me hosting, but with the house on the market that isn't reasonable either.. I had originally planned on hosting this year, but since the house hasn't sold I have to say yes to Sally and Joel!

Although I just say I have food allergies and let the hostess know I will bring something... and work it into her meal. that way there is at least one item I can eat no matter what!

Amie in MI

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Ruchie sweetheart new
      #164591 - 03/28/05 04:19 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Ruchie, I wish I wasn't a world away so I could give you big *hugs* in person.

I often wish our lives weren't so centered around food, as food is the heart of so many evils - eating disorders, food allergies, food intolerances, food triggered diseases, anorexia, obesity.... stress, anxiety, depression, IBS!.... the list goes on.

I wish you weren't finding your dinners so hard. I like kyrchiats (?) suggestion about telling people we have food allergies, even though its not technically true, allergies are so much better understood and accepted then food intolerances.

So if I had one wish, it would be that our bodies and our minds could heal, so that we may enjoy all the foods we love most, and enjoy the company of good friends and family.

I hate to see such special people so sad.

I'm here for you if ever you need to chat

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Amen, Chrissy-nt new
      #164619 - 03/28/05 07:17 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review