All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Thanks Chany! And a question for Avidan...and help adding foods to my GF menu new
      #166016 - 03/31/05 10:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Chany...you can daven for me if I can daven for you.

Shaina Rickla Bas Ita Chana (even though my english name is Rachel! LOL i so desperately want to be called by a hebrew name. This is a BIG point of contention in my fam. no one wants me to go ny my Hebrew name...or by Ra-chel or Rochel. I feel SUCH a connection with Ra-chel/Rochel as it has been what I have been called since childhood. I have asked Rabbeim and I can't seem to get a clear cut answer. *sigh* Being a Balass T'Shuva ain't easy! AVIDAN, if you're reading this, PLEASE ask your dad what he recommends!)

Hmmm...what do I eat? Potatoes, rice cakes, corn thins, fruit, veggies, fish, peanut butter, olive oil, flaxseed oil, tomatoes a LOT (hope I'm not becoming allergic ), gluten free bread (alot of rice), brown rice pasta, rice, greens, I WAS eating gf ookies but they have BUTTER in them and they gave me heartburn tonight and a gurgly tummy, I'm not sure what else I can eat yet I HAVE GOT to find more things I can eat.

My Rav knows I can't have Matzah. It will be helpful to get a proper celiac diagnosis. But as that seems unlikley before Pesach...I will need to tell the Rav (again) everything from start to finih and figure out where to go from there. I figure I will eat a lot of oat Matzah, potatoes, Pesach safe grains (I think quinoa is allowed), and lots of salad. Thank G-d I can eat most veggies without problems!

Your kids sound ADORABLE! Making sure yiou eat properly..soo yummy! i can't wait to have a famliy...B'Shaah Tova! It is my lifelong dream! I am happy that you have children, kanine a hara! (sp) LOL Did you grow up in a large family?

That is TOO CUTE! The sign thing. I actually found that VERY funny! (I didn' have to be there fot that one)! Your husband sounds wonderful....are you Chasidish? (Btw...is that a Sheitel in the pic? And what are you doing in Tenessee if I may ask? Kiruv?)

Kvetch to me any time...Im here! And feel free to e-mail me as well Ruchily@yahoo.com

Refuah Shleimah to you and to Klal Yisroel! (I hope you don't mind I am VERY into giving Brachos...I have some Chassidisha part to me as my ancestors were Chassidish). I hope that you have a Gut night and a Gutta Shabbos!

With love, your friend, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just curious... new
      #166018 - 03/31/05 10:12 PM
Snow for Sarala

Actually, I DO make Kiddush (well, hubby makes it) I can have white wine in small sips and I'm fine (even a glass is ok).

I am eating gluten free so I don' eat bread. I MISS the Mitzvah of washing...I always beg hubby to say bentching out loud so I can say Amen. *sigh* But this is what Hashem wants for me...I have other Mitvos to fulfill.

NO WAY! Do you know Rabbi Naftoli Bier in Boston (or does your husband?) He helped makariv me...and he was our Mesader Kedushin!!!!!!!! He is TOTALY A Yecky! Hubby wanted to take on Yecky minhagim in honor of Rabbi Bier...but he nsisted we go with the minhag hamaakom. WONDERFUL Tzaddik (I could o and on....) and his wife! SUCH A tzaddakis...and his daughter helped Makaariv me... (ok, I'll stop now) LOL

This is o much fun!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thank you all new
      #166019 - 03/31/05 10:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Good for you Beth! PLEASE keep us updated (if I don't respod it's cause it is Shabbos and I didn't see the response yet)

Take care...keep it up!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

You have a LOT of Chain Chany new
      #166020 - 03/31/05 10:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

Is Chany connected to Chain? Is that why it means grace? I wish my name were that precious and beautiful (Well, Shaina isn't so bad either I guess ) I have always had a liking for the name Chany....now I know why!

Wow...hashem is truly amazing! and you are very special...such emunah and bitachon. May your Pesahc be filled with emunah, bitachon, closness to Hashem, and a refuah shleimah! Enjoy the matzah for me

With love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I don't think that's safe for anyone new
      #166021 - 03/31/05 10:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

I think it's GREAT for the nostrils...but for the tummy? I'm sure it actually has something medicinal in it...but I'm not sure of anything other than reeasing mucous?

Sorry I'm not much help here. I guess you'll find out (or maybe someone else can help here?)

Maror story: I was set up with a guy to stay at his house for Pesach (my friend wanted me to go back to being frum...lon story). They had RAW maror! I almost spit it out...very embarassing Don't bring a Shidduch over and serve them raw maror unless you won't hold it against them!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks Chany! And a question for Avidan...and help adding foods to my GF menu new
      #166233 - 04/01/05 02:18 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

What? I should ask him if you should go by a Hebrew-ized version of your English name or your Hebrew name?

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Huh? new
      #166256 - 04/01/05 03:31 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I'm sorry. I didn't quite understand the question?
Chany

No. I don't know him... new
      #166257 - 04/01/05 03:38 PM
Casper

... but he sounds amazing. I was a mix breed myself (I think my great great great grandfather on my father's side was yecky) so I always waited three hours between meat and milk, but I love the other Yecky minhagim I got to adopt when we got married. My favorite one is that We wash Al nitilat yadayim before kiddush and then proceede with Motzi right after kidush.

Woah... It's almost Shabbat. Gota go!
Have a good Shabbas.
Love
Chany

Can you get a mini food processor? new
      #166258 - 04/01/05 03:44 PM
Casper

That's what I have for pesach. It's tiny and cute and can only grind a small amount at a time but it's what I could afford for Pesach. Maybe some day down the line I'll get a grown up sized one.
I wonder if there's any way to make a GF matzah. Isn't there GF bread? My friend knows a Kosher Bakery in NY that makes GF cookies. I'm sure something can be done.
Chany

You're so cute Ruchie! new
      #166259 - 04/01/05 03:47 PM
Casper

I happen to love the name Shaina. It means beauty. And from your photo and posts I can see it's an acurate description of your face and your neshama. I realy admire your emunah and your posetive outlook on life.
Chany

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 729 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review