All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Thanks. I hope you're feeling better. new
      #165957 - 03/31/05 06:05 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I had a bit of a panick attack about Pesach before but Amie clamed me down. I can eat Matzah so I think I'll be OK. I can't eat rice anyway because it makes me C.

BTW - I saw that you put your Hebrew name on that post. Should I add you to my tehilim list? I feel so bad that you're having such a hard time. Are you OK? I am worried about you? How are you feeling?

If you can't have Matzah what will you eat? Have you spoken to your Rav about it? I don't know too much about GF diets can you eat chicken? Cooked Veggies? Are potatoes OK?
What do you usually eat?
I hope you feel better soon.

B'H I'm not so bad off. My IBS is pretty much under control and I try to stick to Heather's diet as much as I can. I bring my own little goodie bag to Shul on Shabbat so I can have something to eat at kiddush and all my friends know about my IBS and they are VERY helpful.

B'H I have a great support group between my friends and family. I have three adorable children. Kenaineharah. My oldest is about to celebrate her Bas Mitzvah. I have a 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. They also are constantly monitering what goes into my mouth.

Purim wasn't THAT bad. I know I sounded like I was kvetching (and I was)but for the most part it was fun. The food related parts were VERY hard but Megillah reading was amazing, We had a Bar Mitzvah boy in the Shul and he read the entire Megillah. My DH has a great sense of humor. He made sure our Seudah was alot of fun. Our Rabbi tried to control the Haman noise with this sign that said "noise". The plan was that when he held it up we could boo, pound shake or whatever with all our might but when he put the sign face down we had to stop... well after Megillah reading my DH stole the sign and bought it to our house... when the Rabbi came to the Seudah he held it up and all the guests... well... I guess it doesn't sound as funny written down but trust me it was hysterical.

I'm OK fasting as long as I prepare myself well the day before with carbo loading and (OK I know this sounds bad) drinking power aid. So I didn't get sick on Taanis Esther, just VERY hungry, tired a cranky ... but that isn't IBS that's just the way everyone is after a fast. (Yom Kippor and Tisha Ba'av are hard because I can't wake up early and eat before the fast begins.)

Here's a good night hug. Refuah Shelaima.

Love,
Chany

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks. I'll check out that thread. new
      #165960 - 03/31/05 06:12 PM
Casper

Hi Avidan,

Thanks for the post. I'm not as panicky about Pesach now as I was an hour ago. I was just having my usual pre pesach panick attack that I always have when I begin my Peasch cleaning.

How's college life? Have you been able to turn your kitchen over to meat yet?

Most of my Shalach manot was devoured by my kids but a few things found thier way into my digestive system (the temptation was just too great.)

I have some good Pesach recipes too. When I open my Pesach closet I'll try to add a few to your post.

Have a good night.

Chany

Just curious... new
      #165961 - 03/31/05 06:18 PM
Casper

I understand why you don't make kiddush, but why don't you wash? I totaly live on Challah... especaily if I'm at someone else's table and there is really nothing I can eat.
If regular Challah is too hard for you to digest water Challah should be OK. (My husband is a Yecky - (german descent) and I bake his grandother's water challah almost every week. Do you want the recipe?
Chany

Re: Chrissy...your symptoms... new
      #165962 - 03/31/05 06:19 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Thanx Kandee,

Could you please tell me what test I should ask for for hypothyroid?

I asked mum what sort of thyroid disease she was diagnosed with, and she didn't realise she had a problem with her thyroid until she had it and a handful of lumps removed (goiters?). But she's always suffered fatigue and metabolism problems. I'm hypersensitive to cold, while she's hypersensitive to heat, so I think we're at 2 ends of the thyroid scale.

I'm really hoping the doc can give me some answers on Mon. I'm at my whits end!!

Thanx for your kind words and support over the past couple of months And for your fantastic advice!!

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Awww, thanks Beth and Chrissy..... new
      #165963 - 03/31/05 06:21 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

You're most welcome Kandee! I can't wait to try out your muffin recipe this weekend

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Don't worry - everyone spells my name wrong. new
      #165965 - 03/31/05 06:26 PM
Casper

Chany is actualy a nick name for Chanah. The translation for Chanah is grace but that's a joke because althoguh B'H I do have alot of talents, being graceful is not one of them.
It's a common name, but it doesn't usually have a Y at the end. When I was in grade school (at Bais Yaakov) there were four other Chanies in my class and I wanted to be different so I began spelling it with a Y.

B"H I have never gotten sick at a Seder or after so I hope that Hashem will give me the same extra stomach protection this year.

Happy preperations!

Love,
Chany

We actualy use both - nt new
      #165967 - 03/31/05 06:27 PM
Casper

Yep! Matzah is your new best friend but... new
      #165971 - 03/31/05 06:31 PM
Casper

make sure you drink ALOT to counter act the negative effects.

Happy Preperations!
Chany

Thank you all new
      #165983 - 03/31/05 07:13 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm trying so hard! I will call my doctor tomorrow and not wait until my appointment at the end of the month.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: OOPS! Sorry GF people new
      #166014 - 03/31/05 09:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Avidan...do NOT apologize! I was just complaining (and givng you a hard time)

You can't be expected to remember EVERYONE'S diets!

Please don't feel bad....and please be Mochel me for making you feel bad????

You are a VERY sensative guy...B"H...and I am thankful you are hear...

Tizchu L'Mitzvos on your paper...and Yosher Koach on being so humble!

Take care, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 891 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review