All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Constant Belching
      #163506 - 03/23/05 07:43 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I belch constantly all day long Not noisy burbs, but silent belches, usually first thing when I get out of bed and then all day and worst at dinner time.

I don't have "acidic" taste. I don't understand what is causing all the belching. I don't do any of the obvious causes: soda, straws, gum, and I don't think I eat too much in one sitting or any food or beverage that isn't safe. Pretty much same amount I see others posting when reporting in or posting on eating board.

Can anyone tell me why or more importantly, what I can do to stop this constant belching?

Any input would be appreciated.

Am I the only one who has this constant burping/belchin? Don't know what the difference is between the two terms!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Constant Belching new
      #163514 - 03/23/05 07:54 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I have this problem too! Although I have noticed it's lessened a little bit since I've been on the IBS diet. I don't know if it's caused by anything I'm eating or just a nervous habit...

Could it be you're just swallowing a lot of air? I know I do that when I'm anxious or just drinking from a glass/cup. A friend recommended breathing out before I take drink and that actually has helped!

I don't know that you use any of these, but anti-diarrheals like Immodium can cause burping and bloating. I've also heard that some other meds and supplements, like pain killers, fiber and iron, can cause an increase in gas which leads to burping.

Hope this helps. At least they're silent and don't hurt, right?

Not all day but new
      #163526 - 03/23/05 08:45 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I get this sometimes after a meal. It'll last for a few hours and they're only small burps but they drive me crazy! Don't really have a solution. Are you maybe eating too fast? I get this particularly after having thrown down a meal in a hurry but otherwise sorry no idea.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Not all day but new
      #163540 - 03/24/05 12:56 AM
roid

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: united kingdom

I get quite alot of gas too, mostly belching. I find fennel helps, and after i've had a cup, it usually gets all the wind up!

#163556 - 03/24/05 02:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you been checked out for GERDs? I know you daid thy weren't acidic, but you never know. It's a bummer, isn't it. I don't even know what I did to combat this symptom...it just went away as I stabilised, so I'm no help.

#163639 - 03/24/05 06:44 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I belch/burp alot also. I don't understand what the difference is but again- I do it also. I mean it isn't a crazy amount but more than I used to. I don't get any "tastes" either usually just air .

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

How do they test for GERDS? new
      #163646 - 03/24/05 07:05 AM
Augie

I didn't realize there was an actual test for this. What is the treatment? Certain foods to avoid?

I don't eat any citrus or acidic foods. Just cream of rice, some peeled fruits, veggie root soup, brown rice, quinoa, millet, cooked spinach, squash and green beans, and some Kettle Krisp low fat potato chips.

I don't drink peppermint tea or giner tea.

Thanks for trying to help. Wish I knew the secret. Mine is so out of control.

--------------------
~ Beth

Well, I don't take immodium.. new
      #163649 - 03/24/05 07:12 AM
Augie

As I am a severe C!! So that's out. And it starts first think when I stand up out of bed in the morning, so I haven't had any anxiety yet, except for the blasted sound of the alarm clock!

I will try breathing out before drinking, but I am so obsessed with eating and drinking and counting oz and fiber and timing supplements, etc, this just seems like one more IBS thing to become obsessed about. (I have an obsessive personality and some OCD)

When did normal things like pooping, eating, breathing, drinking, ...living become so unnatural. We don't have to monitor every heartbeat, it just happens naturally. That's how these other bodily functions should be!

--------------------
~ Beth

No, I eat very slowly new
      #163650 - 03/24/05 07:16 AM
Augie

So that's out! I have it before even eating anything at all. Even after just drinking, or waking up and getting out of bed. But it is worse after eating, especially dinner.

But I don't eat too fast. Yes, annoying, and I guess no one really has a solution.

--------------------
~ Beth

So, no one has a solution... new
      #163654 - 03/24/05 07:25 AM
Augie

for constant belching, huh? Darn, this is so annoying and yucky. I know when I belch, it is usually followed up with gas coming out the other end!

What a mes my body is in! Coming from both ends!

Would it be a bad idea to take something like an OTC PIP, such as prilosec? I know this shuts down the acid pumps, so it may interfer with the acids to help digest food. I don't burp acidic tastes, so it is probably gas? Would PIP hurt then?

I think I will try calling my doctor, but know he will do nothing, once again. Good for nothing doctor. He never does anything but tell me not to worry about it. That's his standard answer for any symptom. I'm trying to find another doc btw!

Thanks to all who replied! I so appreciate all you guys!

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2042 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6911

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review