All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Thanks Linz!!!! new
      #163254 - 03/23/05 07:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Wow, you read everything! *hugs* You are just unbelivably good to us Linz!

My naturopath ordered the bloodwork for me. I'm not sure what it is exactly tho. But he plans to look at my numbers and if they are on the low side of thing, I believe his plan is to start me on thyroid pills. I bet that will make a HUGE diff. in my depression, sleep, etc. Everything for that matter!

I def. have to listen to my gut more. And to trust myself! I thought there was a prob with wheat and there clearly is!

Here's to me having confidence in the future....

Thanks Linz....when I DO get all of this figured out one day, G-d willing, I will in a big way have you to thank!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Don't forget your brown rice!-nt new
      #163368 - 03/23/05 12:02 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Linz is right... new
      #163369 - 03/23/05 12:03 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Okay, I can NEVER remember which "T" you need to get tested for if the regular blood test comes back fine and it still might be a problem. Kandee knows! Is it 3T or 2T or am I on the wrong planet? I know it can be an issue with your bod not converting one to the other properly.

And you can have Fibro AND thyroid issues...but then getting the thyroid treatment can help LOADS.

You can have a more than one autoimmune disease. In fact having just one, sets you up for having more. So yes, you can have fibro and hypothyroidism and Celiac or gluten intolerance or Diabetes...there are over 200 autoimmune diseases that can be connected in one way or another.

If you are hypothyroid you need to watch NOT only the T-4 levels but also the Free T-3 levels. They can make a world of difference in how you feel.

If you tested negative on all your Celiac tests and you still suspect gluten intolerance by the way you feel, get tested again in a year, by a different lab. I'm a first generation hypothyroid, likely caused by being gluten intolerant all my life, but only diagnosed wheat allergic 26 years ago. Now because of a freak viral infection I have chronic thyroidits. Not fun.

Your big nodules (goiter) usually indicate Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, but are rarely cancerous. They usually do not change size, even with medication, unless they happen to get large during a thyroiditis attack in which case your TPO readings will probably be high.

Ruchie, PLEASE stop trusting your doctors and get copies of all your blood work then research it for yourself. You have to learn what is best for you, and work WITH your doc since you know your body best, and he only knows medicine best. Don't rely on him/her to know everything. They can't possibly. You only have to look at what Heather discovered, ON HER OWN to realize that it is up to you to find your own answer. Kandee

--------------------

I would think the white rice..-Chrissy new
      #163370 - 03/23/05 12:03 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Can you eat white rice everyday and not get the Constipation, Chrissy?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth... new
      #163373 - 03/23/05 12:05 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I know I don;t get as C as you guys, but remember that SF cannot cause C...too little IF in comparison to SF can tho. Eating brown rice is just a way of getting a higher percentage of IF to SF in your diet.

I think so.... new
      #163584 - 03/24/05 02:58 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hey Beth, I've never noticed that white rice makes me C..... I think because I eat lots of veges. Plus I don't have white rice itself every day, but I do have things made from white rice pretty much every day.

For example I'd have white rice with lots of cooked veges.

Or a GF roll made from white rice, with lots of salad.

Or my fav at the moment - muffins made with lots of cooked veges.

I have only had a couple of C attacks over the past couple of months, and these were due to eating gluten.

So in a round about way, yep I think I can eat white rice everday, so long as my fruit and veg intake matches the amount of rice I'm eating.

Hope this helps

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: My celiac story...please send me courage! new
      #163809 - 03/24/05 02:32 PM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey there Ruchie, I too am gluten sensitive, my test came back neg. BUT, without gluten I am one hell of a lot happier! I still have pain, bloating, not every day, but much better than I was. You know if you take out the gluten once you have settled down, you might find the other foods won't upset you. Give it a go. Good luck, Neeta

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1644 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review