All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
PS new
      #163138 - 03/22/05 07:44 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Did you stop your digestive enzyme and probiotic as well?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what is your detection diet? new
      #163140 - 03/22/05 07:50 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Whoops sorry Beth, I think I rushed that answer a bit. I do have white rice, and am about to start trying brown rice again (not a big fan of white). But mainly, I eat a lot of potato, pumpkin and sweet potato - can't get enough of the stuff! My GF bread is white rice flour I think, but its multigrain so am eating seeds okay (I think!).

I'm a bit iffy about fruit at the moment, but yep I do eat that too. Mainly bananas, nectarines & plums, skin on. I'm traditionally the one who ate whatever she liked, but my tummy has been reaaallly sensitive lately, so have decided to eat mainly SF foods to try and calm it a bit.

I'm umming and aaring about trying a mag/ cal supplement again, but with my detection diet I don't want to be masking the symptoms of food with supplements. I want to do this cold turkey and see if I can have normal BMs and no bloat without the need for mag, digestive enzymes, aloe etc to make me go.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: PS new
      #163144 - 03/22/05 07:59 PM
Taylahmai

Yep have stopped everything, except for my probiotic and a multi-v.

It could be why my tummy is feeling so ick at the moment, but I imagine my dependence on supplements will pass once I'm eating only the foods it can digest well (on its own!).

I don't want to be popping pills for the rest of my life, I want to manage my IBS will food alone (plus a probiotic seems as I don't eat yoghurt). Plus, it just became too damn expensive. We'll see how I go

--------------------

I would think the white rice.. new
      #163145 - 03/22/05 08:06 PM
Augie

would make you more C. That's why I am trying brown, and I prefer the taste of white!! Too bad we can't switch taste buds!

Bananas I thought would be more constipating too. But I guess people have had different results from these, from what I've read.

Have you tried brown rice or white rice pasta yet? I would think those would be okay.

I'm also surprised you can do seeds in the bread!! These are so hard to digest. Are you sure it's not your problem, Chrissy? Can you try a brand without the seeds? What brand are you eating? I recommend Kinikinnick, but that one does contain eggs.

Are you doing this all on your own without guidance? I wish you lots of luck. You are so determined!! Good for you for not giving in. I think I am to the point of being defeated tonight. I'm just so tired of the cramps and the unbarable pain. I just want to cry.

--------------------
~ Beth

which probiotic and mv do you take?-nt new
      #163146 - 03/22/05 08:08 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: I would think the white rice.. new
      #163147 - 03/22/05 08:22 PM
Taylahmai

Thanx Beth. I am wondering whether the seeds are giving me grief, but I've never had a problem with them before. Its not the BMs I'm having trouble with lately its the bloat and pain, urghhh.

As for the detection diet, I'm doing it through a web site, so I have email support, they're really good actually. I'm also still roughly following my allergy diet (ie no tomatoes, no melons, no acidic fruits) but I'm not going back from another testing till I've got my GI problems sorted out myself. Sick of relying on other people!

I think my problem at the moment is I was eating gluten last week, as part of the detection diet, so apart from the discomfort I now know 100 % that gluten is a problem for me!! And no doubt stopping my enzymes and mag will cause a bit of a tummy upset till things get back into routine.

I'll get there Am eating so safe at the moment that I'll be better again before I know it!

Thank you for the good luck Beth. You hang in there sweety, we'll all get there one day. BTW Have you noticed ANY improvements this year?? You poor soul, it sounds like you've tried everything, my thoughts are with you xxxxxxx

--------------------

Probiotics called Cytobifidus and Multiv is called PharmaDay. They're Aussie brands -nt- new
      #163148 - 03/22/05 08:35 PM
Taylahmai

--------------------

Re: PS forgot to say...... new
      #163151 - 03/22/05 09:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks Taly!

I bought myself Prevention mag at WalMart today. That was my big splurge

We will do this together, ok? *big hugs* It;'s sooooo mport. to be healthy!

I don't what stage in life you're in,...but it occured to me that if I eat gluten/wheat/sugar, whatever I don't tolerate proplerly...I am not only huting myself but a potential fetus as well! That thinking sure set me straight!

Went to the HFS and bought myself some gluten free things. It's toug being GF AND kosher at the same time! Sooo many products are not Kosher so I miss out. Oh well....more time in the kitchen for me!

Thanks again for the love and support....sening lotsyour way as well

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Sorry you are feeling blue new
      #163152 - 03/22/05 09:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks beth *big hugs*

I have a gut feeling that it is my adrenals causing my depression...as does my naturopath. I WILL NOT take pills...to me it is a bandaid. I need to know WHY I am depressed 1st and foremost. Once we know what is causing it (most likely hypothyroid), we can treat the CASUSE not just the symptoms.

This i how I live my life...it is how I am most comfortable.

I hope you feel better soon *big hgs* Btw, did you get my response about bown rice?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: PS forgot to say...... new
      #163153 - 03/22/05 09:15 PM
Taylahmai

Hey Ruch,

Well I'm certainly in a stage of my life where I'm soon to be thinking of children, and I know that gluten intolerance can increase chances of infertility and miscarriage. I'd never forgive myself if eating GF now meant such torment in my future, so not worth it! Not to mention the torment gluten causes now to my health, so there's no ifs or buts at the moment, I'm strictly GF for as long as it takes. And if I find that means forever then so be it. What seems really hard now will probably become second nature in a few months/ years time.

Plus I've had some non IBS related health scares lately (incl my latest pap showed abnormal cells), so I truly believe that with my health out of balance, the symptoms of my low immunity and poor digestion will show in all other areas of my body. So I'm even more determined to get my health on track, for my whole bodies sake, not just the bloat and C.

Bugger that Kosher means GF is even harder. I'm not 100 % certain what you can and can't eat, but if you let me know I'll help with some recipe ideas

Take care. I'm off sunglass shopping tomorrow - raaaayy. We're off camping this weekend so have gotta look the part!! I'll send you a pic if I get some

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2907 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9212

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review