All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lamb not just for dogs?
      #162844 - 03/21/05 10:37 PM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

I was just reading an IBS help book and it recomended Lamb as OK and fish as not ok. ??? Anyone out there eat lamb without any problems?

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lamb not just for dogs? new
      #162849 - 03/21/05 11:31 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I do. Apparantly lamb is more easily digestable than other red meats. That being said Heather recommends no red meat. We all have our tolerance levels though and some of us are fine with it and others steer clear. Maybe eat some one night when you don't have anything important on the next day and see how it goes for you. HTH.

--------------------
Amy

Btw, I eat loads of fish... new
      #162853 - 03/22/05 12:58 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and am totally fine with it.

Same here... new
      #162860 - 03/22/05 01:22 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It's on my most-easily-digestible list. Lamb, however, I just can't do unless it's ground - I haven't had it recently, but I've always been that way. Like Amy says, it does vary from person to person, with individual tolerances taken into account, but Heather does recommend against all red meats because they're harder to digest.

Re: Lamb not just for dogs? new
      #162893 - 03/22/05 05:38 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have eaten some lamb since on the diet. One time I made lamb risotto with lamb stock. I avoided the meat pieces and still got sick. I am getting pressure to buy another lamb (dead one that is) this year and I don't think it is worth having in the house.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 673

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review