All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Pressure from clothes
      #16254 - 08/05/03 03:30 AM
Beck

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Lancashire, England

Is it just me that can't wear anything that covers my stomach unless it is very loose because even if ok before can bring on bloating and pain. As a result always have to wear loose trousers/skirts or "hipsters" that don't cover my stomach. It is a total pain and not very glamorous
Any ideas?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pressure from clothes new
      #16257 - 08/05/03 05:22 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Same problem here, unfortunately. I can't even stand any underwear that's tight. Many times at night my stomach is so bloated that I have to undo my pants and belt. Hopefully, none of the friends of my teenager sons will walk in on me like that! That would embarrass my boys to death! One night I jumped out of the car to go in the grocery store and realized I had my clothes undone! Thank goodness I realized it before I went in the store like that. Ha!

#16259 - 08/05/03 05:38 AM
Beck

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Lancashire, England

I'm sitting at my PC at work with my stomach bursting out of my skirt. So uncomfortable. I just want to go home! So depressing

#16267 - 08/05/03 06:24 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I wear overalls on those days. Not flattering and my husband teases me and tells me I look like a farmer. I wear bikini underwear - alot more comfortable.

#16268 - 08/05/03 06:29 AM
KAM

Reged: 08/02/03

just wanted to pop in and say i know what you mean, i am like that too but not everyday, i sometimes bloat so bad at night i look like im 5 months pregnant, its really ugly, but does anyone ever wake up with there tummy perfect? when i get up every morning my tummy is flat and perfect until i eat or drink something, is that normal? KAM

--------------------
KAM

#16270 - 08/05/03 06:31 AM
Cate712

Reged: 07/18/03
Loc: Missouri

Hi Beck! I remember those days! Luckily I'm a stay at home mom now and can wear whatever is comfortable that day. I have found pants and skirts that have metal tabs at the waistline that are adjustable and very nice looking. Try jcpenney.com Not sure you've heard of it but it's worth a try. When I got pregnant with my first child I was so glad because I knew I would be wearing clothing that was stretchy and acceptable!

#16271 - 08/05/03 06:36 AM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

At least when we are all walking around looking like we're 6 months pregnant we know we're not alone!! This happened to me on a regular basis before Heather's books, but now usually happens when I know I have eaten something I shouldn't have.

I find the Fennel tea really helps, I just wish it would cool down a bit so I'd feel like drinking tea!The humidity affects me as well - fortunately Fall is coming soon - my favourite season!
One other thing that seems to help me is walking or yoga - there is alot of new "yoga" clothing on the market that is very comfortable.

Have a good day!

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

#16272 - 08/05/03 06:37 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I wake up with a flat tummy in the morning (like today) and then eat something and it just starts growing. So frustrating. I'v been wearing lots of skirts with elastic waistbands for work, and work-out shorts when I get home. I can't wear my nice button-up summer shorts anymore. So very uncomfortable. Bummer!

--------------------
~jules

#16278 - 08/05/03 06:57 AM
Catherine

Reged: 05/28/03

I wake up every morning with a flat stomach and it starts bloating in the afternoon. In the evening I look like a different person! My mom was really jumping on me to lose weight because of my "big stomach". (I'm a size 4-6, for heaven's sake!) I finally showed her how flat my stomach is in the mornings and she couldn't believe it!

#16281 - 08/05/03 08:07 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I've done the unbutton thing and forgotten it was unbutton. Sometimes if I'm wearing tight jeans and I eat dinner somewhere, I'll unbutton my jeans while sitting in the car because of my bloated stomach. Then I'll forget that I've done it and thankfully realize before anyone points it out.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 581 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5037

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review