All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Thanx Linz new
      #163580 - 03/24/05 02:50 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Linz, thank you so much for your info!! There are so many possibilities for why I feel so terrible, it becomes quite overwhelming! One day soon I'm determined I'll be on top of all of this, and know exactly what makes me tick!

Again thank you so much for your support and for the time you took to give me the info about fibro.

T xx

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

S'ok sweetie! new
      #163583 - 03/24/05 02:56 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've been given sooo much help on here that I love to reciprocate!

Let me know how you do re. fibro and such. It's a bummer to have but there are so many things you can do for it these days.

Re: Thank you... new
      #163810 - 03/24/05 02:33 PM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Excellent, if you can get it ENJOY. It's sent directly from heaven!!! Neeta

Re: Hi again Neeta & a rambling for other GF people. new
      #163814 - 03/24/05 02:43 PM
Neeta

Hi again, I have just received an email from the silly yaks site about a pill developed in Australia for celiac suffers if you want me to forward it to you, email me at rksteve@mgl.ca and I will send it to you. I don't know how to do it through this forum. It was a newspaper article in The Australian written March th. Let me know, Neeta

#164311 - 03/26/05 05:33 PM
Neeta

Hey there, been thinking about you and hope you had a good weekend. I couldn't send you that email message, it got sent back to me. Anyway the article about a new "pill" for celiac was written in The Australian on March 8th. Maybe you can find it. If not email me and I can forward it to you. Anyway, that's in the future. Hope you are doing o.k. I had a yucky day yesterday with d. I never get d. I had taken a few zelnorm over the past couple of days (it settled the pain down) but gave me d. I was just about to go out and all hell broke loose. Quite literally! My guts were then churning all day. We were travelling to my friends house as well! Glad that has settled. Told my friends your story about being young with ibs and gluten s. They all felt so bad for you. So there you go, you have an impact on people over half a world away! Hugs, Neeta

Re: help me please! new
      #164487 - 03/27/05 12:56 PM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

Hi Neeta,

I'm new to this website and just read your post. I have been following a Gluten-free diet as well to help with my IBS, and I have found it to be very helpful. I avoid dairy (I do eat eggs, though), refined sugars, most fats (canola oil and flaxseeds are my sources of fats), wheat/gluten, and foods that I know bother me (almonds and most nuts, spicy foods, and potatoes). I have horrible IBS-C and take four tablespoons of flaxseed a day and have just started taking Acacia within the past two days to stay regular. Acacia is gluten-free. I still experience awful bloating and constant pain, but avoiding all the foods I do, I am able to survive (although I need to gain weight since I've lost so much due to being so ill and being a stressed-out college student). My heart goes out to you - when your symptoms get really bad, try eating lots of rice (cream of rice cereal, rice cakes, etc.) and using ThermaCare Heatwraps for your abdomen. Those help a lot! I hope you feel better soon.

Alisa new
      #164500 - 03/27/05 02:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How did you determine that potato was a problem for you? Did you do any type of elimination diet?

Do you stick to white cream of rice and white cooked rice only? Or do you do brown? I have a hard time finding cream of rice that is white, except for nabisco or baby food rice. So I eat Lundbergs creamy brown rice cereal which is a soft powder rice and also provides some fiber, which the white cream of rice doesn't.

Just a thought, but that's a lot of flax seed to take in a day. Maybe that is contributing to some of your pain. It's a lot of insoluble fiber and has a rougher texture even when ground.

Have you tried magnesium supplements for your C? That might help also.

How's the Acacia going?

Have you considered a probiotic or a digestive enzyme? The digestive enzyme might help you absorb more nutrients and gain a little weight back.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: help me please! new
      #164537 - 03/27/05 06:39 PM
Neeta

Hi Alicia, thanks for your post. I am feeling a lot better today. I drank gallons of water and get this, a bittersweet day, I did not drink my low carb beer today!!! I have been having lots of bladder pain caused from the ibs and thought the only thing it can be now is the beer! Horrors of blood horror (I am English afterall). Anyway, thought I had better start doing all that Heather tells us, so decided not to drink it this evening. I don't have the pain! So, good that I don't have the pain, but sad that now no beer! Oh sorrow in the extreme. I love almonds and eat lots of them, also potatoes are my staple along with rice. Try hemp seeds if you think the flax might be causing aproblem! I have painted for about 10 hours today so I am off to my bed! Lovely chatting, Neeta

Re: Alisa-bump above post for Alisa-nt new
      #164932 - 03/29/05 08:58 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#165084 - 03/29/05 05:22 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hi Anita! Thank you for thinking of me, that is so sweet Camping was great fun, but the whole food thing was pretty stressful, I can only handle my restrictive diet when my symptoms are under control.

But nevertheless we all had a ball and I'm now back and onto my strict diet... again!

I got your email about the coeliac pill, I'd be interested to read more about it. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to be prescribed it as my tests were all negative.

BTW your low carb beer has me stumped!! You do know that it has gluten in it?? Beer is my biggest nightmare, I'll never ever touch the stuff again!

Hope you're well

Luv Chrissy xx

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1685 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23517

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review