All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Only if you have actual celiac... new
      #163367 - 03/23/05 12:01 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...it's the inflammation that causes the damage to the villi. So if you don't have celiac (for which there is a reliable antibody test) you won;t get the villi damge.

Btw, it's only eating gluten when being celiac that causes the damage...if a celiac NEVER ever ate gluten, they would never get any damage.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Never heard of this hemp ice dessert new
      #163378 - 03/23/05 12:23 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Maybe it isn't available in the states? Where did you get it? Is it also soy based?

I think the soy bioK would bloat me, plus, as I said, very very expensive as maintaince acidolpholous.

You do no grains at all? Not even safe white rice or gluten free breads, quinoa? How do you get your fiber?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Hemp is ... new
      #163379 - 03/23/05 12:29 PM
Linz

...the marijuana plant as far as I know. Hemp is often used in bath products...it makes a great body oil.

Re: Hemp is ... new
      #163383 - 03/23/05 12:43 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

It can be used to make fabrics as well. It isn't legal to be grown in the U.S., but you can still purchase some products.
Industrial hemp contains low levels of cannabinoids kind of like "decaf" marijuana.

#163390 - 03/23/05 01:01 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

But it's an ice dessert Neeta eats. I doubt she is eating marajuana ice dessert! At least I hope not!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Weird! new
      #163485 - 03/23/05 05:52 PM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Totally weird eh!! Bit of Canadianism for you. Hasn't Bournemouth changed. My father still lives there and man it is a dangerous place to be. Cars get smashed into all the time, just can't leave them on the street. What a shame. Neeta

Re: Never heard of this hemp ice dessert new
      #163486 - 03/23/05 05:57 PM
Neeta

I eat white rice, rice bread, bananas, turkey or chicken I can cope with bananas, carrots (cooked) zuccini and my beloved hemp ice dessert, which is made from HEMP! Nothing else. It is made by a small industry up here in igloo country (Ottawa). I don't know if anyone down there is making it, if not, START! I don't really know where my fibre comes from but I am not too bad re c. or d. only if I do something stupid. I eat rice cakes, rice puffs, rice milk, potatoes (after years on Aitkins, thank heavens!) I'm british and we love our "spuds". Maybe thats where the fibre comes from. Neeta (p.s I can't do soy, but bio k and me get along fine) I know its expensive but I can't cope without it when in a bad time. If all is well I can do without it.

#163488 - 03/23/05 06:00 PM
Neeta

You guys are making me laugh! Hemp is from another plant, not the marra... cant even spell it, plant! Honestly ladies!!! It is the same family though. You can get hemp oil for salads, hemp salad dressings, hemp hair products, hemp seeds (totally full of iron and taste great, add them to cereal etc.) and my beloved ice dessert, which I add I have run out of today, life is not so good! www.coolhemp.ca is their web site or .com, cant remember. Check it out and start drooling. Totally helps my digestion. Kisses, Neeta

Thank you... new
      #163491 - 03/23/05 06:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...for explaining that so nicely! Hemp and marijuana aren't the same thing, and that misconception bugs me. I swear by my Sun Dog (I think that's the brand) hemp lip balm, which is the best thing ever. And you're right - hemp seeds are delicious! I'm going to check out that site right now...

Ah, that's why I got confused! new
      #163575 - 03/24/05 02:45 AM
Linz

I know that when the Body Shop starting stocking hemp goods there was a furore in the media.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23517

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review