All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Drinking Alcohol
      #162119 - 03/19/05 03:51 AM
crystal2

Reged: 02/26/05

At social functions I like to drink occasionally. I find that I can not tolerate wine anymore. Is there anything that is safe or safer to drink when it comes to alcohol and IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Drinking Alcohol new
      #162122 - 03/19/05 05:38 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't drink beer so I can't say anything about that, but I think wine and wine coolers are tough on the tummy. I read once that vodka and cranberry juice was the best drink for IBS but I don't want it. I think liquours mixed in something are the easiest to tolerate. I get something occassionally because it is so embarrassing to not drink at times. Amaretto in orange juice or a little shot of grand marnier or something --with food-- is probably best. Stay away from Baileys since it has dairy. I also think forzen drinks like daiquiris are harder too with the cold hitting your gut and the syrups they use in sweet drinks like that might have HFCS. But staying away entirely is best!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#162128 - 03/19/05 06:00 AM

Reged: 01/05/05

I find cranberry juice and vodka not too bad - I also find drinking a mild martini seems to be okay too - go figure I have gas all of the time and this does not seem to bother me too much!!!!!!!!!!

#162130 - 03/19/05 06:06 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Wine and beer are BAD!
When my tummy is in good order and I want a drink I have a vodka and seven up (our seven up here doesn't contain HFCS though) Vodka is definitely kinder than wine or beer. I find white wine less bad than red too.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review