All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Depressed about weight loss...
      #161464 - 03/17/05 10:32 AM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

So I went to my doctor yesterday and I was hoping that I had gained at least maybe one pound because I have been trying so hard to eat more snacks, add a little fat, etc and it turns out that I lost even MORE!! I am now 5'2'' and only 91 lbs!! I'm really freaked out, which is bad because she said my anxiety is really an issue and that is what the main trigger for my IBS is (duh). She recommended adding more nuts and small amounts of fat, but I'm really nervous now because I thought I was doing so well at all this. It was just so disappointing to see that I had lost SO much weight (now I have lost about 10% of my body weight in a year!!). At least now I know why none of my clothes fit and my butt hurts every time I sit down for more than 30 minutes...sigh. Thanks for reading everyone...Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

--------------------
~Angela

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Keep at it! new
      #161488 - 03/17/05 11:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Weight gain/loss takes time, ESPECIALLY when your body's more concerned about this illness you're dealing with. So just keep it up.

Why not do the calorie counting thing? I know a couple of girls on the Fitness board are sometimes surprised at how few aclories they've consumed compared to how much they've expended.

Heather's sweet Cinnamon Zucchini bread is my mot calorific snack I think (7 WW points a SLICE! ). And stock up on the avocadoes...home-made guacamole is pretty high calorie and a very more-ish snack with baked tortilla chips.

Also, have you tried a protein powder? They can help.

Re: Depressed about weight loss... new
      #161573 - 03/17/05 02:04 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I know exactly how you feel - I HATE getting on the scale at the Doctor (or any scale) because I know I will always be disappointed! Last summer I got down to about 93 and Im 5'4 The last couple of weeks Ive really been trying to gain weight - Ive added a lot of new muffins, donuts and cereals and things like that that I wasnt eating before and I think it may be helping out a little. Im up to about 102-103 right now but my goal is AT LEAST 110 by September! I was also told to try adding nuts to my food like peanut butter or almond meal or something like that. I too am still afraid to try it but Im getting braver everyday! I was also told to drink lots of rice or soy milk when I can - can you drink either? Have you heard of Amazake rice drinks? Heather even reccommends these to add calories (I think they have like 300 or more in one bottle) I have tried them but they're kind of hard to find where I am. Well good luck and hopefully we will both have good reports after awhile!

Thanks abby82... new
      #161589 - 03/17/05 02:48 PM
Angie113

for your sympathy. That's great that you have been able to put on some weight. I do already drink LOTS of ricemilk, and I have tried Amazake. They're so tasty, but they make me bloated unfortunately. About the nut butters, it helps to use just a small amount at a time, that's what I do. I also put flaxseed meal in my cereal usually, and today I tried almond meal for the first time. It didn't upset my tummy, so that's good! We'll keep updating, thanks for sharing your story too

--------------------
~Angela

Thanks for the advice Linz... new
      #161591 - 03/17/05 02:52 PM
Angie113

I have always wanted to try the cinnamon zucchini bread, and now I can't wait! It sounds so yummy and good for packing on pounds!! I also love avocadoes, so that won't be too hard. I'm a little worried that the calorie counting will make me WAY more obsessed about food than I already am at this point...but maybe I don't have much choice. I will definitely post on the Fitness board though. Thanks again!

--------------------
~Angela

Totally understand... new
      #161658 - 03/17/05 05:37 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

For the last few weeks I thought I'd put on a couple of kilo's. I hopped on the scales at the supermarket today (the same brand I last weighed myself on) and I'm down to 59 kilo's fully dressed in a long sleeve top, jeans, joggers and a heavy winter jumper I was so disappointed cause I thought I'd been doing everything right too. Hang in there. It will happen for us both.

--------------------
Amy

Rice pasta new
      #161667 - 03/17/05 05:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

LOADED with calories. So are potatoes, soy shakes (take soy protein powder and mix with bananas...pcked with calories AND nutrition!) If you can...try lna bars. NOT empty calories like sugar....might help if you are malnuorished.

I hope this helps. Gee...Im trying to LOSE weight and I eat potatoes and rice pasta....oh my!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Rice pasta new
      #161668 - 03/17/05 05:54 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

LOADED with calories. So are potatoes, soy shakes (take soy protein powder and mix with bananas...pcked with calories AND nutrition!) If you can...try lna bars. NOT empty calories like sugar....might help if you are malnuorished.

I hope this helps. Gee...Im trying to LOSE weight and I eat potatoes and rice pasta....oh my! What can I say...nutrient packed and IBS safe....

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2056 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 975

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review