All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
desperately seeking a solution!
      #161293 - 03/16/05 07:02 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

does anyone else have the problem of over-eating triggers?? i do--and i cant seem to break the cycle i know the pains that will follow and how horrible ill feel and look but i still never pass up a food that will turn into a trigger for me. its like i know i cant eat it, so that makes me want it even more. does anyone have any tips or advice for me on ways to control or eliminate this bad habit? im really scared it will eventually develop into diverticulitis but am more scared about getting thru my day. sometimes meals are so feared b/c i feel i have no way to control the after-pains, b/c i know ill give in and eat my trigger please someone help!! my tummy hurts

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aversion Therapy! new
      #161297 - 03/16/05 07:23 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

If I even look at a trigger food, I can feel the pain it will cause me! No food is worth the pain I will feel from eating it.

I wouldn't even enjoy eating the food because I would be thinking about the pain I would have to deal with afterwards.

NO FOOD tastes as good as having less pain. Write that 100 times!!

GL

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Aversion Therapy! *DELETED* new
      #161299 - 03/16/05 07:26 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Great mind think alike Shelby! new
      #161301 - 03/16/05 07:29 PM
Augie

We must have been posting at the same time!

Did you see my reply to you on actonel for osteo in the Living Room?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Aversion Therapy! new
      #161461 - 03/17/05 10:29 AM
little bear

thanks augie and shelby jean for your replies! im gonna try writing that down now! its just really hard~it always feels like my triggers are constantly changing! i guess indulging is just my bodys way of trying to hold on for as long as it can but it really is hurting. have either of you ever been so C that your arm and leg muscles hurt and ache? today is a better morning, like every morning, its a start-over. thanks alot again you guys and ill keep you posted!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

You're welcome, Ashley new
      #161533 - 03/17/05 12:30 PM
Augie

I see you are from Chicago area, as am I. Could you recommend a good GI doctor or a general practioner in the area? I live in South Suburbs.

Good luck with your diet. It is hard, but the food really isn't worth the pain. Would you even enjoy it knowing the whole time you are eating it that you will be in pain afterwards? Not me! GL again.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Aversion Therapy! *DELETED* new
      #161634 - 03/17/05 04:23 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

?? about acacia.. new
      #161978 - 03/18/05 03:40 PM
little bear

i used to take citricel too~for a long time but never found it a good solution for me meh--i ordered the acacia and it came today. im gonna try it next week after i go food shopping so it can work together with my food that i buy, and hopefully my body will react nicely. what happened when you tried increasing acacia? did you get an overall good effect when you used it without increasing the amount? im nervous about trying it~i dont want to be any more C then i already am!!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: You're welcome, Ashley new
      #161980 - 03/18/05 03:44 PM
little bear

i AM in chicago~you too?? cool! im sorry to say that i dont know a good doctor~im not even currently seeing one, just my gynacologist every 6 months or so. i would like to find one so i can have them monitor my IBS, tell me im safe in my decisions and that im healthy. i always worry im not

thanks for the wishing of luck to me support is always so helpful! and i know in more ways then one that pain from food is not worth it--but what can yah do? we have to survive! i just got acacia and have devised a new food list~hopefully things can work like clockwork soon! thanks again!! and GL to you with your IBS as well~ are you C or D? [im C] ill keep you posted on a local doctor if i come across one--ta ta!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

I'm a C too new
      #162043 - 03/18/05 06:34 PM
Augie

Thanks for looking out for a doctor for me. If I find someone I will post as well. I don't actually live in Chicago, but South Suburb.

How did you get diagnosed with IBS if you don't have a doctor? I only have a GI too! Well, I do have a GI doc but I need someone who is going to help.

GL with the acacia. Let us know how it goes for you. I've been thinking about ordering it for about 4 months now, but just don't know about it. I have problems with fiberchoice, benefiber, fibercon didn't do anything, citrucel I suspect is causing gas now... So who knows if I can tolerate any SFS. I know many have had success with acacia, but others have had horrid reactions. I hope it works for you!!! Stay postitive and stick to your new revised food list. As Heather said, substitution, not deprivation.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 966 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review