Pages: 1
Colonoscopy...Plz reply!!!!
      #161233 - 03/16/05 03:45 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

hey everyone~
Quick question...
How BAD is a colonoscopy? how much pain and discomfort is there? thanks!
honey_bun...

Edited by Honey_bun (03/16/05 03:48 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonoscopy... new
      #161234 - 03/16/05 03:48 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I think you will hear it over and over again- that the prep is the worst part- I do not remember anything about the procedure. Did they tell you which prep you were going to use?? I had to use te Nu-Lytely and I could not get off the potty!! Get yourself a good book and get comfy!! I was awake when they took me in the procedure room but conked out by the time they all got ready!

#161236 - 03/16/05 03:55 PM
Honey_bun

Hey! Thanks for the reply!
I havnt scheduled an appointment yet, but thanks for the help! I am just so worried because the whole procedure does not seem to thrilling, it kind of makes my stomach turn thinking of it! I cant get one until july because my doctor is in another province.
honey_bun

#161237 - 03/16/05 03:58 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Have you had any other procedures done?? I have had them all if they relate to the digestive tract- this was really nothing!

#161238 - 03/16/05 04:03 PM
Honey_bun

No. I acutally havnt had anything done. My doctor doesnt even know about my condition. I live in another province then she does because it was a long wait to get one here. But im moving back so its all good! Im positive i have IBS-D and i have done sooo much research its insane. I just want to rule everything else out. I know when i go to the doc, shes gunna do all the tests and i just wanna get myself ready..because im a worry wart.
thanks again
honey_bun

I had mine about a month ago... new
      #161267 - 03/16/05 04:49 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I was SO scared! The D is no fun at all but I was really scared of getting tummy cramps with it. But I didn't! Every now and then I thought "ooh, better go to the loo" and it drove me crazy going so often but otherwise wasn't too bad. The actual procedure had no pain for me at all. I was completely knocked out and woke up feeling empty in the belly but otherwise fine. I had a few problems later thanks to the gastroscopy (done at the same time) causing my reflux to act up but otherwise try not to stress as much as I did about it. It's really not that bad. Are you due to have one soon?

--------------------
Amy

Re: I had mine about a month ago... new
      #161282 - 03/16/05 05:46 PM
Honey_bun

Well...my doctor is in another province so i cant go until july. I havnt actually been to my doctor about this yet at all. thanks so much for the reply!
honey_bun

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review