All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pls help!
      #161216 - 03/16/05 03:03 PM
annaw168

Reged: 03/16/05

i have had ibs symptoms for about 4 months now non stop. I stopped drinking alcohol smoking cigarettes, started excercizing and getting a lot of sleep and i take 2 to 4 citrocel pills every day. in the last 4 months i ve had a total of about 4 days that i ve felt alright and my main symptom is severe bloating when i ingest anything. i have a little constipation very rarely but i just can t seem to do anything right and it won t go away. if anyone has any ideas it wld be much appreciated! also, i was wondering if anyone has tried zelnorm, because as much as it looks like it shd totally cure all my symptoms, however i somehow doubt it works. thk u so much for taking the time to read this! -Anna

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pls help! new
      #161221 - 03/16/05 03:23 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you been diagnosed with IBS for your symptoms? If not, you really should see a doctor, because IBS can mimic so many other ailments. Not fun, but worth it.

Being a D myself, I've never tried Zelnorm. But from seeing what other C's have said, it only seems to be a temporary fix, since you can only stay on it for a few months.

I may be able to offer "some" advice new
      #161259 - 03/16/05 04:37 PM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

About a year ago I noticed almost immediately after eating anything, I began to bloat and often has gas. At that time, constipation wasn't an issue as it has been lately. I finally got rid of most of my bloating and gas under the directions of my Dr. He suggested I take Beano and Phazyme. Since the Phazyme (or Gas-X) is limited to only 2 softgels per day, I would take both the Beano and Phazyme before my meals. Beano instructs you to do it that way anyway. With the Phazyme I was experimenting. By taking both at the same time about 10 minutes before I eat, I almost never have trouble with bloating. That's what worked for me.

As far as the constipation, it sounds like you're taking enough fiber throughout the day, but are you drinking a significant amount of water each day? It's possible that the particular fiber supplement isn't agreeing with whatever your body needs. Maybe try another one and start slow on your dosage working up to increasing it. Sometimes, fiber may tend to be a little gassy in which case you might want to reduce it a bit until you find the right amount your body can handle.

I also find that sometimes the hot herbal teas seem to help expedite moving things along.

Hope things workout for you! Heidi

Bump for advice on ZELNORM -nt- new
      #161283 - 03/16/05 05:46 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Re: pls help! new
      #161290 - 03/16/05 06:52 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

I love Zelnorm..it has helped me tremendously! I have been on it since Ocotber. I am IBS-C...pain predominant. I also take bentyl and levsin and miralax (generic form). I also use the hypnosis tapes - I think a combonation of all this helps my IBS - my attacks are getting farther and farther apart.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1160

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review