All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Accidents
      #161081 - 03/16/05 10:19 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

There's nobody else I could confess this too but you all. Stupid me ate some girl scout cookies last night (4 throughout the evening). I knew they'd make me ill but ate them anyway because they're SO good. Well this morning I was taking the girls to see the Atlanta Ballet perform Snow White with a friend's homeschool group. OK, so I wasn't feeling very good but thought I'd just take some fiber, eat some Altoids and be on my way. Not too long after I'd left, I knew I probably should have stayed home because it takes about 1/2 hour to get downtown. Too late now I was on the toll road and couldn't get off. I thought I could make it to the theater and be OK. Well we got there and there was no parking to be had so we drove around for an extra 15 minutes and then had to park a block and a 1/2 away and it was cold and very windy. So I'm carrying the 4 year old, and pleading with the 6 year old to hurry because we're late. Well, I got us in, sat the girls down and ran for the bathroom. It was too late. It wasn't a whole lot but enough to be gross. So I wadded up some paper towel and hoped nobody could smell me!!!! Have you all ever had this happen and what do you do?????? This is SO frustrating and embarrassing.
Rena

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Accidents new
      #161087 - 03/16/05 10:23 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Immodium. If I knew I was going to be risking not being able to get to a bathroom, I'd take Immodium before I left. I always thought it was better to be a little C and not worry, than to worry and risk accidents.

{{{HUGS}}} Doesn't this DD suck?

#161088 - 03/16/05 10:23 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Try not to be embarressed, I think it's happened to all of us (or most of us) at one point or another. I think the best thing to do is just to try and stay calm, clean yourself up as best as possible and go on about the rest of your day (if going home to clean up isn't an option)

#161113 - 03/16/05 11:07 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I's a D and when I get gassy, it's possible that sometimes "something extra" comes out when I pass wind. I have no warning or anything. So I know how you feel. You handled it completely appropriately, I mean, there's nothing else you could have done considering the circumstances! At a certain point you can't even rely on modern pharmaceuticals like opiates or imodium, I know. {{{{{HUGS!!}}}}} Please find some comfort that we've BEEN THERE!!!!

~nelly~

#161157 - 03/16/05 12:37 PM
renaanne

Thanks for the hugs! It's so nice to know that you all are in the same boat with me. Why is it that if you're bleeding or throwing up (or leaking any other bodily fluid), it's not as embarrassing as the dreaded "D"? Immodium makes me feel so icky for days after I take it, that I try not to unless I'm really really having problems. Do any of you have problems with side effects from Immodium?
Rena

#161175 - 03/16/05 01:03 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

"Civilisation" has made toilet habits a taboo subject...to animals and indigenous peoples, they are just part of life! Very strange...everyone has BMs and gets D at some point!

What side effects do you get from Immodium? All I ever got was C if I took too much (more than 2 in 1 day for me it used to be).

#161194 - 03/16/05 01:37 PM
adobemoes

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Connecticut

I too have had this problem and when I'm feeling particularly vulnerable, I use a large pad or shield that is made for incontience.. the larger, the better without being noticeable. Maybe this make you feel a little safer too!

#161268 - 03/16/05 04:50 PM
renaanne

Let's see if I can describe the feeling...kind of dry mouth, a little bit nauseaous, anxious and jumpy, EXTREME constipation (like 4 days which for me is unheard of as I'm IBS-D), and like there is a lump in my throat. And I feel weird for a day or 2. That's from taking just one! Imagine what a couple would do to me?!

My abdomen HURTS tonight. Guess it's from being so upset this morning and eating so bad yesterday. It's like my intestines ache. I have no where to go tomorrow and it's supposed to be cold and rainy, so the girls and I are staying home and resting!
Rena

#161271 - 03/16/05 05:03 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Oh YES!!!! This was actually at a Mother/Daughter banquet a few years back. The funny thing is I pretty much didn't eat anything crazy. I went to the bathroom before we left. On the way home was a whole nother story!!!! Having this makes me feel for elderly people! Its no fun not having control!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1440

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review