All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Question for you grazers... new
      #161495 - 03/17/05 11:31 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

MY PB&J lunch gives me SF, fat, protein and I use good jam and so that is fruit too. I eat it in separate halves and have an orange or something after one half. Nuts are good to work in too. An egg beater omelet with lots of mushrooms and some other veg will give you SF and vegetable and protein. Luna bars have fat and protein too. I'm sure there are many more ideas.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Linz, do you eat the pears new
      #161528 - 03/17/05 12:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

without any SF buffer food? You are okay to eat them as a snack alone?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Linz, do you eat the pears new
      #161553 - 03/17/05 01:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yes, but that is just me and I certainly couldn't do that before I was totally stable! I'm okay now with ripe pears, tinned peaches/pears, mangoes and applesauce on an empty tum, but that's about it. Just the fruit that really high in SF anyway. AND ONLY SINCE I WAS TOTALLY STABLE, okay?

Thanks Linz! a few questions... new
      #161596 - 03/17/05 03:00 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

When you say a "small" bowl of oatmeal, what do you mean? When I make hot cereal, I usually just follow the instructions on the box for 1 serving. But now I'm worried that I have no idea what a good sized serving is? should I be eating more, or less so that I can eat more frequently? Also, how often do you eat? I feel like if I eat more than every 3-4 hours I will just never be hungry. My appetite is slowly improving, but I already feel like I have to force myself to eat half the time. Sorry this is SO many questions, but thanks for your time and patience!

--------------------
~Angela

Re: Thanks Linz! a few questions... new
      #161725 - 03/17/05 11:57 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I usually make just a tad less than the recommended serving size, but then those serving sizes on cereal always seem tiny to me! But yeah, the key is to eat smaller amounts so you can eat more often...sometimes just a corncake or brownie will do. As long as you're keeping SF in your GI tract all the time, it doesn't matter how small the amounts you eat at one sitting are.

Thanks for your reply Little Minnie...question new
      #161849 - 03/18/05 10:05 AM
Angie113

What kind of jam do you use? They always seem to have added artificial things, or too much sweetener. I don't avoid sugar, but try not to eat too much processed/refined sugars. If you have a recommendation, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

--------------------
~Angela

you are going to be mad new
      #161948 - 03/18/05 01:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I make my own strawberry jam every summer with just berries and sugar. And Gedney (a MN company) makes good "State Fair" jams but I wager they aren't available anywhere else. Sorry.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Don't worry, I'm not mad...I'll just have to keep searching!!-nt_ new
      #161960 - 03/18/05 02:28 PM
Angie113

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2013 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review