All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint Caps on empty stomach??
      #160394 - 03/14/05 10:44 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I received my peppermint caps in the mail today- and it does say take between meals- I am always leary to take anything on an empty stomach...any suggestions???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Personally.... new
      #160411 - 03/14/05 11:27 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

..peppermint caps are fine on an empty stomach...I've got a sensitive tum as well, so am weary. As long as they only contain peppermint oil, you should be safe....give it a try and see. If they upset you, stop taking them! Thats my two penneths worth anyhow!! Good luck!

Re: Peppermint Caps on empty stomach?? new
      #160480 - 03/14/05 02:15 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

i just received my first shipment too... they don't seem to bother my tummy taken between meals. but when i pee it burns like crazy afterward! i stopped taking them and the pee-thing went away. (so its definitely not UTI).

anyone else have this happen??

#160486 - 03/14/05 02:28 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

i just received my first shipment too... they don't seem to bother my tummy taken between meals. but when i pee it burns like crazy afterward! i stopped taking them and the pee-thing went away. (so its definitely not UTI).

anyone else have this happen??

I've never had that happen. If I've taken too many, I seem to have a "cool" BM. (If that makes sense ) I usually only take 2 a day though, unless I'm feeling a little off. Normally, I take mine on an empty stomach 1 before bed, and one when I wake up.

#160492 - 03/14/05 02:56 PM
lolakitty23

Reged: 03/06/05

Hello, jessicas! It's preferable to take peppermint caps on an empty stomach because you want the capsule to get past the stomach and into the rest of the digestive tract. The peppermint helps to stabilize contractions in the tract, but can't work very well if it's released in the stomach, right? Also, peppermint causes acid reflux to flair up if there is too much in your stomach, so on an empty tummy, the capsule doesn't start getting digested so fast and passes into the rest of your tract. Absolutely BEST on an empty tummy! I hope this helped explain a little.

#160546 - 03/14/05 04:55 PM
Ganny

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Oregon, USA

Hi, not exactly new. Lurked off and on. I should go somewhere (?) and give my history (I had to have surgery on colon twice unrelated to IBS but upping the ante on problems like crazy).

I cannot take the pappermint caps! I've tried a few times and always my stomach goes nuts with pain and upset. And I rarely have stomach problems. All my "stuff" comes "later."

I saw the Altoids Heather mentions somewhere, and those work just fine except I'm not sure what they do.
I just like that little mint sweet now and then. I do occasionally drink peppermint tea. I should do it more. I had a nasty "flare" as of last week.

If someone wants to give me a quick tour of where to put long notes (like "this is my story" or whatever is bothering today, this week, etc. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
shutterbug.oly@verizon.net

#160551 - 03/14/05 05:01 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Birdy! You can just make a new post on the diet boards, and say something like "Hi I'm new" for the subject, then tell your story.

#166945 - 04/04/05 01:16 PM
Ganny

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Oregon, USA

Thanks. I only just found your response! That's how hard it is for me to find messages and answers. I've tried everything. I've posted everywhere. I've read the techFAQs. I guess I'm a bit invisible. Just not sure how to get to strings I'm talkin' in (I "rebegan" Sunday, Apr 3). I really got into serious trouble last Wednesday, and I do so need feedback quickly. But, alas, I'm lost. I marked each place as a "favorite." But unless something turns up blinking in front of me I have no clue if anyone answered me or not. I chase a couple of words I've used but nothing is there except my note and only if remembered words have been entered. I'll wait and not post more on me until I can figure it out which could be next year at this rate! After a year off and on of trying I'm feeling pretty stupid, and I'm usually good at this stuff (I work often with Experts Exchange, and I get e-mails when someone responds to me. This particular setup doesn't notify me when I have an answer. I feel totally "gone."
I apologize.

Private messages may be what I need until maybe one day I get the hang of it. I'm still too ill to fiddle around anymore right now. I'll come back later. I have a feeling this string is "dead" already. Sigh. I'm just not up to lots of research due to big trouble (even went to ER for one night!). Can't take meds prescribed. Make me worse!

And I HAVE to change my name and cannot figure that one out either (boy, what a nitwit). I used "Birdy" because I take care of wild birds here. I think the name I wanted was taken, but I've never seen it used here. Usually I'm Shutterbug. Or Lindsay. I'll look later. Gotta hit the couch for now!

Thanks for any helps IF anyone sees this note.

What was the question? new
      #167100 - 04/04/05 11:36 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Was there one!

All I do if I'm looking for a particular response is log on as then new messages are in bold and then collapse the threads so that only the titles are shown, which makes it easier to find one thread. You can need to go through quite a few pages these days, but this method makes it pretty quick.

And I'm afraid Heather turned off private messages ages ago! If you have a specific enquiry and lose the thread again, then quite a few of us on here are amenable to getting emails until you get the hang of it! Just click on, say, my name and my email's on my info page.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 794 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1369

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review