All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Attack from marshmallows?!
      #159771 - 03/11/05 08:44 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

So I just gave myself a horrible attack (D) from eating a few handfulls of mini marshmallows. I know for certain it was them, because I was rushing to the bathroom about 10 minutes after eating them... and because (that was yesterday) today, with the bag sitting ominously in my desk I decided to test out to see if was really them that gave me the attack (read: it's been a really bad day for trying to resist candy sitting in one's desk...lol) and sure enough, off to the bathroom with me again

I don't get it - I mean, yes marshmallows are not something I should be eating anyway, I've never had an attack from marshmallows before! I've certainly eaten them without problems before and in rice krispies treats... I don't think I've ever had this brand before though. Here's the ingredients - any glaring triggers?

corn syrup, sugar, modified cornstarch, dextrose, water, gelatin, natural and artificial flavours, tetrasodium pyrophosphate (what the?), colour

Is it possible the 'corn syrup' has HFCS in it? I've never had an attack from HFCS before in breads and other things, but I guess if it's the first thing on the list there's probably a lot in it...

Ugh, feel so silly for eating all those marshmallows... anyway, input please! Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

The marshmallows I picked up the other day over here had.... new
      #159780 - 03/11/05 11:11 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

sorbitol in them....? Not sure if they had that in?

Re: Attack from marshmallows?! new
      #159788 - 03/12/05 12:34 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

retrograde i got sick once when i had marshmellows. im not sure what caused it but i got sick. i feel for you with this attack you got. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

I notice that I don't get sick from them if I eat them with ... new
      #159823 - 03/12/05 06:04 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

other things -- like in my cocoa with a little piece of toasted bread as a treat. Or in the rice crispies like you talked about. I did get sick from plopping a few in my mouth all by themselves though... so it may be that you just need to eat them with a soluble fiber base.

Re: Me too new
      #159825 - 03/12/05 06:05 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Everytime I try to eat them I get sick too - It makes me so mad because they are generally safe and I want to have rice crispy treats sooo bad! I feel for ya!

marshmallows are OK for me thankfully...n/t new
      #159874 - 03/12/05 09:08 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

Thanks for the responses... new
      #159926 - 03/12/05 01:32 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Guess it's just one of things I'll have to add to the list of things I can't eat for seemingly no reason... lol sigh.

The good news is I have officially thrown out the rest of the bag and I'm feeling better already. Thanks again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3407 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review