All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Grumble, Grumble ROAR
      #159052 - 03/10/05 04:40 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

I'm so annoyed with my digestive system sometimes I could just scream. I'm pretty stable and do a good job of staying happy and healthy on a normal day but throw something new and different into my schedule and my stomach just falls to pieces (literally!!!). Like these next few days is the Sewing Expo and it's full of fun, shopping, classes, etc. I look forward to it and dread it all at the same time. I love going and taking classes and hanging out with my sewing buddies but getting there just about does me in every year. This morning a friend was going to pick me up and we were going to go together and spend the day and have dinner with a bunch of friends (it's about 45 min. away) and I had to call her this morning and cancel. I didn't want to risk getting over there, getting worse, and not being able to leave because my stomach was already grumbling. I tried getting up extra early so I'd have time for my tea and a piece of toast. No luck, still grumbly. I took some NuLev and took some fiber last night before bed but alas...this is still taking the fun out of my life. I know I'll be better today and will make it over there for my classes (which I purposely didn't schedule early) but it's so frustrating. I feel like I'm whining and that I should be able to just "get over it". Sometimes I feel like nobody could possibly believe this is that bad and that I'm making it up. I'm better than last year. Last year I spent most of the Expo running for the bathroom because it was before I found this site! I was so miserable I didn't have much fun. I have such a hard time committing to anything that happens in the morning because I know if I have to get up and get going before 9, I'm doomed to the bathroom! My period just ended and that usually messes things up too. Does anyone else have really bad mornings???? I barely slept last night because I was worried about getting up this morning! That always happens when I have to get up early too. If I could just have one good early morning, maybe I would stop worrying about it so much.

Thanks for listening. I knew you all would understand how I'm feeling this morning.
Rena

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Can I suggest... new
      #159054 - 03/10/05 04:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...that you try the hypno program? Your IBS problems on outings are almost certainly linked to you getting stressed beforehand (I used to have this problem a bit). Something like the hypno should help you combat the anxiety.

Also, I find preparation stops me getting anxious. So if I'm going on a major day out, I like to have a mental (or physical if you prefer) list of bathrooms and where they are, a supply of water, meds, teabags and SF foods on me and something to keep me calm (a lavender soaked hankerchief is great for me)...oh and maybe a paperback in case I spend alot of time either in the bathrooms or sitting in a rest area drinking tea/water/drugs. Then I don't stress nearly as much because I have my plans of what to do if it all goes wrong!

Taking a book - what a great suggestion! (more) new
      #159171 - 03/10/05 08:47 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I can't tell you how many times I've ended up hanging around somewhere because my tummy is "off" and having a book with me would have made a world of difference. Truly one of those brilliant ideas that seems so obvious once someone clever thinks of it. Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Can I suggest... new
      #159403 - 03/10/05 06:38 PM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

Thanks for the thoughts! I did end up going to the Expo and took both my classes and bought some fabric and hung out with my sewing buddies but ate nothing today but bread, water, and bananas as my tummy was still grumbling at me. I had to skip dinner though. Too many temptations at the restaurant and I didn't really feel like eating a big dinner anyway. I was too tired to drive home in the dark anyway. Sooooo, I'm going to go to bed and sleep tonight and hopefully be much improved for tomorrow's class!

Did you do the tapes or go to a hypnotist? I'm considering some other treatment because I really only have a big problem these days when I have to be up and out early (or if I cheat and eat something bad!). My brain has gotten so wired that mornings are bad and I will have D which makes me worry, which makes it worse, etc. etc. Like a bad roller coaster I can't get off of!!!
Rena

I totally agree with Linz new
      #159408 - 03/10/05 07:05 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

Try the hypnosis CD's that are offered here, I've found them to be really helpful. Last semester, I would get anxious before going to class & my stomach would act up. I often just gave up and went home---magically as I was driving away from school my stomach felt so much better. This semester, after going through the audio program, I never miss class because of my IBS (although I do play hooky every now & then, but for MY reasons--not my stomach!) Good luck!

Steve

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4468 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 732

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review