All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Every have this kind of day?? I NEED TO VENT!!
      #158756 - 03/09/05 11:14 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

I've been so frusterated the last week or so. EVERYONE is on my case about the weight I've lost lately. I really only eat stuff that is good for you, and stay away from trigger foods. There for I don't eat what most everyone else around me eats. Some people think i'm just being rude, even if i do appologize for not taking what they are eating. Well everyone has been on my case, because I eat so little....which i actually dont. i just eat little amounts through out the day...so my tummy doesn't get crazy....well my mom practically yelled at me today becuse she thinks i don't eat enough protein...which i only eat fish, because i got sick off chicken not too long ago....so she's getting upstet at me because i'm scared to eat things that I don't know if it will cause me problems. And it's not just her, it's alot of people in my life, saying i'm not having enough to eat. I try to get them to understand that i'm scared of alot of food i don't completely know about....becuase having diarreah SUCKSSSSSS....ok, then my mom says that she bought this book called potatoes instead of prozac..and it said to cut out sugar....NOW SHE IS SUGGESTING TO CUT OUT SUGAR!!!! then i got upset, because like 98% of the food in the store i can't eat...maybe a normal digesting person wouldn't take it so hard....but it was like WTF?!?!?!?! Should i just have nothing?!?! maybe i'm having a bad day too....but it's also that people just don't understand why i am scared of food either. I'm like practically in tears at my desk....so i'm going to go out for a little bit, GET SOME GD FOOD....WITH SUGAR...and hope that i feel better. but i figured if anyone understood how i felt it would be you IBS'ers too...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Every have this kind of day?? I NEED TO VENT!! new
      #158768 - 03/09/05 11:44 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Hi,

That reaction to your eating is the last thing an IBS'er needs! Do you have Heathers book? If so, give it to your Mom and have her read it, even if it is just the section for friends and family.

It is a sorry response to your problem and sorry to say a common one. However, her behavior does not have to affect your behavior. Just calmly give her the book with the section marked and walk away. If she chooses to read it and responds to you in a more intelligent way...great. If she doesn't read it or poo-poo's the information...then great too as you have done all that you can do. Let it be and focus on your issues not hers.

Your response to being afraid of foods is normal too...in my book anyway. If you have IBS-D like we do, I think that it is our job to become vigilant about what we eat so that we can stay healthy for ourselves and others, just keep up the good work and as you get more confident about what works and what doesn't you will notice your choices growing.

Good Luck and keep on trying!

#158855 - 03/09/05 02:54 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Lindsey.
My mom also says things like this - for me, my mom is scared that when my symptoms get bad I always drop weight, sometimes rapidly - moms don't like to see that and sometimes they just don't express it well, but they're really just worried about you and want to see you be well. Through all of it, it is important to remember to do all you can to stay healthy. I know what it's like to be scared to eat - but things will not improve if we don't put good food into our bodies - they're are lots of guidelines on this site about which foods are the good ones and how to work them into our diet. I know lots of people on the boards remain entirely within the confines of Heather's diet (some have additional confines as well, like eating gluten free or being vegetarian) and they manage a pretty varried diet. I know there have been times that people will bug me that "there sure are alot of things you can't eat" and I just say that while there are alot of things I can't eat, there's also alot of things that I CAN eat, and I've decided to stick to those. Also, you may want to take a look at the fitness board. some people on the board are looking to loose weight, but some also use it when trying to gain weight after feeling like they couldn't eat for awhile. Some of thier experiences may be helpful to you. I hope we can answer your questions and help you to find ways to feel better and more healthy inside and out!
Min

#158860 - 03/09/05 03:16 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

OMG i go through the same thing you are going through like everyday! i cant eat like anything in stores because everything gives me diarreah and it sucks! People always question the amount and types of food i eat and i totally understand about eating fish because i basically eat salmon for all my dinners. Dont worry, a whole bunch of us are going through the same thing you are. Hopefully soon, people who dont suffer from IBS will learn that were not being picky...its just how we HAVE to eat!!!!!
Im with you!

Re: TY guys new
      #158913 - 03/09/05 06:26 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

Thanks guys for your insight. it's true there are things i CAN eat....my glass was half empty today i guess! i have heather's book, so i just need to stop looking at the outside of it....and focus on looking at the pages inside the book.....you know how it goes when reading books....while working full time....WHILE being a single mom....WHILE balancing bills...cleaning...doing homework with you kid (though she only has preschool stuff right now) and all that other god stuff.....I WONDER WHY I THINK I'M LOOSING MY MIND!!! i'll check out the other boards on gaining/losing weight. i don't think i'm that bad, but it's true...moms worry about their kids...i'd do it if my daughter had it too. Are there any multi-vits anyone recomends????

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 465

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review