All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cure for Gas.. or as my kids would say... The Toots!
      #158708 - 03/09/05 09:19 AM
Cherylm47

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Good Afternoon! I have been fighting IBS for years but it has progressively gotten worse over the past decade. I have given up all caffeine, all carbonated drinks and try to eat soluble fibre with every meal. The diarhhea has definately improved but I still have a horrible time with gas. I drink peppermint tea (not Heather's) a couple times a day. I have also tried taking "Beano" with meals to try and help. Any suggestions??? Should I try fennel instead of peppermint tea? Should I try peppermint tablets instead of tea? It is a very embarrassing and frustrating problem! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cure for Gas.. or as my kids would say... The Toots! new
      #158710 - 03/09/05 09:25 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Fennel is definitely the best tea for gas and bloating. I drink it everyday and it really seems to help with my bloating. I also take phazyme and get some relief with that also.

Re: Cure for Gas.. or as my kids would say... The Toots! new
      #158743 - 03/09/05 10:27 AM
Suze

Reged: 02/24/05
Loc: Virginia

I agree, fennel tea is great for gas and bloating. I don't get much relief at all from peppermint. I've tried Gas-X and it did nothing. I haven't tried Beano. I drink fennel tea first thing in the AM (put my SFS in it) and after other meals during the day. Sometimes I have a cup before bed. I use Avita brand because it comes in tea bags and that's more convenient for me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 645

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review