All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Noisy gut and other symptoms....
      #15832 - 07/31/03 01:47 PM
Cate712

Reged: 07/18/03
Loc: Missouri

Hi all! Yesterday my gut started rumbling. I'm pretty sure that I had experimented too much and may be headed for an another attack. Please let me know your thoughts of my staying with the "bread & water" approach for the next couple of days. I've been mostly C in the past but it really hasn't been a problem since my baby was born almost nine months ago. What prompted me to find help a few weeks ago was gut tenderness and mucous then an attack. As we all do, I hate having to talk about this!! I did the bread, rice, soy milk, etc. and was doing fine then decided to be adventuresome when I was feeling better. Now I'm back to the beginning. Do any of you all have the mucous? Unfortunately, tomorrow evening my husband and I are going to a benefit supper and dance. I've got the little black dress but now I'm getting nervous about what to eat there. I'm hoping it's a buffet...probably prime rib and all the yummy stuff that goes with it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Noisy gut and other symptoms.... new
      #15837 - 07/31/03 02:26 PM
crimson

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: New York USA

Hi cate712, I have mucous as part of my package of symptoms. What other symptoms do you have? How often do you have attacks? Crimson

#15844 - 07/31/03 03:22 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

How were you adventursome? By exanding on foods, or trying triggers? Just wondering...

I don't know if I'd just eat bread and water, but if you're feeling a little nervous about going to the supper/dance, I'd stick to things you know are safe for you so you stay stable and have a good time.

#15856 - 07/31/03 05:34 PM
Cate712

I was trying out different foods that I'm used to eating. It is so hard to give up all those foods that I grew up with and to continue to serve them to my family knowing that I shouldn't eat them. I've been picking wild blackberries on my in-law's farm for the past two weeks just thinking of all those luscious pies!....that I shouldn't eat. Today I've been eating bread, rice, and a little baked chicken plus water, water, water. I made some of the lemon sticky bread from Heather's book hoping it wasn't contributing. I hope my gut doesn't keep rumbling for the party!!

Re: Newsletter new
      #15857 - 07/31/03 05:38 PM
bevp

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: Brisbane Australia

Heather,

Re subscribing. Sorry - had a computer glitch. The link eventually came up.

Best regards,

Bev

#15858 - 07/31/03 05:42 PM
Cate712

Hi Crimson! I never have had the mucous as part of my IBS until a few weeks ago. I just figured that I had something that was going around. I'm going to guess that I am a bit C now even though the M seems a little like D....does that make sense? My gut is rumbling terribly which is obviously gas and I'm a bit tender. Otherwise, I'm fine. When I was in my prime of IBS attacks, before my pregnancies, I knew when an attack was coming because of what I ate that day, how much, bathroom habits, etc. Now it's like I'm starting all new. I've never had any of the tests that everyone talks about and I'm not about to since I know what I've got. I was just wondering if anyone else out there had the M and if it meant something.

#15861 - 07/31/03 06:49 PM
*Melissa*

I'm confused...if you've never had any tests, how do you know you have IBS? Or am I missing something (I am kinda tired...)

#15862 - 07/31/03 07:40 PM
Cate712

Hi Mags! I was diagnosed about 15 years ago by physician who put me on dicyclomine and said no greasy, spicy food, etc. I've been to two other physicians about it since then always with the same pains and symptoms hoping there was something new to "cure" the IBS. Currently, my husband is my physician so he sees and hears what's going on with me and agrees that no tests are needed. He gently reprimands me when I dare to eat something that is a known trigger. I was going to fix beef/broc stir fry this evening for supper then realized that I wouldn't be able to eat it. We had chicken instead. Once a year we have a steer butchured and go halfsies with his family so we have a deep freeze full of beef. What in the world am I going to do with it? What a worrywort I am! My husband is in favor of me following Heather's guidelines especially when he gets to have fresh baked bread. I love the french baguette recipe in Heather's book! We both love chicken and fish but I guess I'm still having a problem giving up the beef and pork. I think that was one of the triggers this time.

It seems that I will have an attack when something is coming up...a meeting, a trip, a fun night out with my husband, etc. Could some of this be a mental thing? Maybe I get stressed about being in public? I've been home for the past two and a half years with my two babies. I don't seem to get out much

#15878 - 08/01/03 03:26 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi Cate 712!
Was just reading about your recent attack,poor thing,am IBS-C,and my attacks get much worse when i'm worried or stressed,upset etc.I start a new job on Monday,and am desperatley trying to keep calm about it,but am guessing i'm going to have a tempremental tummy over the weekend! I don't eat meat myself,but i love my cheese,am struggling to substitute my dairy products! It is getting easier.

--------------------
Morven

Re: Noisy gut and other symptoms....Cate712 & Morven new
      #15879 - 08/01/03 03:44 AM
*Melissa*

I miss both beef & cheese! I think steak & ribs were my hardest red meat to give up. Oh, and maybe meatballs, too. But, if I eat red meat, my tummy just aches about an hour or so later.

Cheese - Well, I still break down & have that, VERY rarely. Sometimes, I just gotta have that pizza turnover (yeah, when I fall off the wagon, I go all out! LOL) I am able to tolerate blue cheese dressing on my salad if I'm at a restaurant - I don't use it at home - so I get a quick fix now and then.

Anyway (and I feel like a broken record saying this), I found the hypno cd's to help tremendously with anxiety over going out in public or stressing over upcoming events. That may be something both of you want to check out.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1984

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review