All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Generally under the weather... new
      #158156 - 03/08/05 07:05 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

yep sugar is def the hardest methinks (I was an ADDICT) but soooo worth it..its hard to describe how amazing it is to be off it...you FLY!!! let me know if you want help doing it...I have been through it and so has Ruchie and we are both very inspired by it!! :-) good luck at the clinic...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks Dalia new
      #158157 - 03/08/05 07:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm slowly getting better at the sugar...I've almost completely stopped relying on it and hardly ever OD on it now. Cutting it uot completely will probably hve to wait until I've got more time and money to devote to my diet...if I ever do!

I wasn't slamming naturopathy either --- new
      #158167 - 03/08/05 07:21 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

it was just the way she presented it and the way my symptoms happened.... what I said here was a long story made short. I am so sorry if I offended you.

I think Dalia was referring to some of the responses.. new
      #158168 - 03/08/05 07:22 AM
Linz

...not you anyway!

Re: I wasn't slamming naturopathy either --- new
      #158181 - 03/08/05 08:07 AM
daliatree

hey I wasn't talking about you! don't worry...was talking about some of the responses!! you were right to think that woman was an arrogant idiot...she was!!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Dalia new
      #158183 - 03/08/05 08:10 AM
daliatree

hey sometimes its better to take it step by step and then you will have less extreme withdrawal symptoms too...but do keep in mind that sugar reduces the efficiency of your immune system function by about 75% in the average person...vital info for a fibroperson...:-) so keep it as a long term goal to reduce it even further methinks....(I used to have cans and cans of coke, black coffee with sugar, three chocolate bars a day, cookies etc...so I KNOW what it is to give it up...I did it cold turkey and BOY was that a challenge...felt positively fluey for a while!!)

--------------------

Dalia new
      #158220 - 03/08/05 09:10 AM
Linz

What do you have as "treats"? I've already switched fruit for most of my sweet treats...that's ok, isn't it? Do you have recipes for honey cake and stuff? I could handle that...and the occasional bit of chocolate, but it is occasional anyway!

Is she a naturopath? new
      #158225 - 03/08/05 09:22 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

You said she's a registered nurse. That's a lot different than a naturopath.

Naturopathy can offer healing in ways that western medicine can't. There's a place for both. I've had amazing success with Naturopathic treatments. Finding a Naturopath who has a degree from a reputable university (such as Bastyr in Washington) is very important.

I don't think so. I started all this because .... new
      #158410 - 03/08/05 02:50 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Karen (a person from this board) said that she used to have all this trouble with her IBS and then she took this Reliv and it all went away. She could eat whatever she wanted and had no pain - D - bloating or anything. I was skeptical... but I waited it out -- did some investigating. a few other people from the board tried it. SOme of them had more energy - though they did complain of some start up trouble. I thought I could try. So I asked her about it. She gave me her code and I ordered first just the vitamin - then the vitamin and the fiber.

The vitamin powder was okay if I took a very small dose. But it didn't do anything at that dose. Any higher and I got terrible gas and painful bloating from it. The one time I went up to almost full dose I had a full blown attack. I thought well I'll go back down on that and try a small amount of the fiber. I had a full blown attack then too.

I'm talking the typical IBS attack -- where you are in the bathroom - don't know whether you are going to throw up or have D so you have something to cover both ends. You are so hot you think you are going to need air conditioning installed just for you - in the middle of winter.... This wasn't a mild... I don't feel quite myself sickness with a little bit of D.

I kept trying to adjust the dosage for about 3 months total. (I had spent about 100 or so for 2 canisters of Classic and one of Fiber plus a shaker cup and shipping) Then I gave up and just quit. I threw it away and chalked it up to the school of hard knocks.

Then I get these phone calls from this lady -- who tells me Karen got scared away of selling by hard to please people like me and that she used to read her the nasty e-mails she got sent. That I didn't give it enough of a chance -- that I didn't do it right -- that I should try again -- and harder -- that I should have kept going when it hurt and made me sick because that meant it was working. That I just didn't understand those things because I'm not a nurse.

Sorry to ramble.

Edited by kshsmom (03/08/05 02:51 PM)

WOW...I took a nap and woke up to find this! new
      #158411 - 03/08/05 02:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

that lady is a QUACK. Period. A product alone won't change you thoroughly...yikes! Beent here, done that, no thanks!

I agree Linz...Heather rocks! She GENUINELY wants to help people. Anyone can tell she is SINCERE and a smart woman! We need more of her in this world!

Naturopaths. I've been to 2 quacks and 2 wonderful doctors (Dalia is one of them!) There are also quacky allopathic docs out there...think the ones that tell us it's all in our heads!

So how do you know who is who? Do your own research too! If your gut tells a something isn't right...it pobaly isn't right!

Dalia has helped me get off sugar. I feel BLEH right now...but emotionally more stable than perhaps ever in my life! And for the 1st time in my life so far...I am having a normal cold instead of bronchitus/sinusitis under her guidance and my own research! Thank You G-d!

Nothing is perfect. I am def. having detox symsptoms. But I've been feeding my bod sugar forever...and I was on strong antibiotics since I was 2 at least 2x a year...and these past 2 years for a year and a half straight. What do you expect? My bod's a wreck! I know I'm gonna feel better than ever come a couple of months down the road...it is SO worth it!

Ok...phew...done responding now

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33786

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review