All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
I wasn't slamming naturopaths... new
      #158119 - 03/08/05 05:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...just that idiot! And I know you can get a healing crisis if you detox a load of stuff that's problematic for you...but what that so-called nurse had said was all nonsense! I think alot of people get bitter about the alternative health business cos they meet so many quacks...I've met good ones as well as quacks so I'm not bitter!

Anyway, you're going to be the most IBS friendly naturopath EVER!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Healing crisees (sp?) new
      #158121 - 03/08/05 05:46 AM
Linz

I think (Dalia correct me if I'm wrong) that not all people get the healing crisees (how the heck DO you spell the plural of crisis - is it crisis?) and you only do if you've been eating alot of stuff that is silently poisoning your bod. So with me that was dairy, with Ruchie it was sugar. Even if the stuff you detox on is an IBS trigger for you, it doesn't mean that your body's going to have the reaction!

And then it's usually stuff like cold-symptoms or gas not really horrible symptoms like D!

I didn't know you were a naturopath! NEAT! new
      #158123 - 03/08/05 05:48 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I must have missed that somewhere! That is so cool! I'm learning a lot about natural treatments, but like you said, any "quick-fix, one-size-fits-all" plan always makes me suspicious, especially if a multi-level marketing scheme is involved.

So, do you mind me asking....am I over-reacting to the coffee enema thing with my relatives? Caffeine is a HUGE trigger for we IBS-types, and I can't imagine that driking my coffee that way every day would be healthful!! I'd value your opinion. Thanks!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: I didn't know you were a naturopath! NEAT! new
      #158125 - 03/08/05 05:57 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

noooo you are NOT overreacting....coffee would be awful for you (infact noone should have more then one cup of good coffee a day....) - someone with IBS arrrgggghhhhh...don't do it!!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: I wasn't slamming naturopaths... new
      #158127 - 03/08/05 05:59 AM
daliatree

awww you're so cute...I think I will be pretty good with ibs because I feel the pain dude!! :-) there are plenty of quacks out there and I want to kill them! (ooohhhh feeling violent) because they ruin our reputation...they are like 'take ten thousand herbal supplements for 50 dollars each and you will feel better' NOOOOOOOOOOOO

--------------------

Yeah, you're gonna be fighting for a long time... new
      #158128 - 03/08/05 06:01 AM
Linz

...to NOT get lumped in with the quacks - more regulation PLEASE!

I figure that if someone's asking for alot of money without giving alot of information to show their knowledge then they're likely to be quacks...Heather gives all her diet info away for free here, unlike some people who say "yes, I've cured my IBS and if you pay me $100 I'll tell you how". Grrr.

Re: Healing crisees (sp?) new
      #158129 - 03/08/05 06:02 AM
daliatree

yes how do you spell it ? lets see - crises? not sure...oh well
actually it can include D...not watery bacteria type D but certainly sloppy smelly poos and lots of nausea etc...really its a return of your chronic symptoms in an acute state...so with me...it was C followed by sloppy poos and terrible nausea, acne, mucuous, headaches and sluggishness...lovely experience. but I just sat there and told myself it was positive and I got through because I knew I had been working towards it...but it you generally feel under the weather...
XXXXXXX

--------------------

Re: Yeah, you're gonna be fighting for a long time... new
      #158130 - 03/08/05 06:03 AM
daliatree

hahahahha yeah, there are loads of people like that on the internet...i think these are people who have not become naturopaths for the right reasons - many of us do it because we have had a chronic problem and want to help others...others do it for the money....how horrible can you get?

--------------------

Generally under the weather... new
      #158131 - 03/08/05 06:04 AM
Linz

...not ILL, was kinda the point I was trying (and failing ) to make!

When I came off dairy I had the whole bunged up sinuses and tiredness thing. Caffeine was headaches and tiredness. Haven't done sugar yet...not sure I can cope with that one!

I've been comparing every to Heather VV... new
      #158132 - 03/08/05 06:06 AM
Linz

...and if they're not up to her standards of caring then I want to know why!

I've found a clinic for my Fibro that I'm thinking of going to and they've been great, sending me an info pack and talking about treatment options ALREADY. So I like them. If they had a majic carpet to the door, I'd be there already!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 932 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review