All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Ooo, that's not far from Nik...or me! new
      #157728 - 03/07/05 07:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

So if you want, give her my email address and I'll help all I can. Where in Wales is she going? I'm only about 1.5 hours away from the south border.

The only thing is we have a POOR selection of SFSs available so she'll want to bring her own! I order Acacia from Heather

I don't have any real trouble finding foods over here...only sometimes when I travel.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Leeks are readily available there...although new
      #157732 - 03/07/05 07:49 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

they aren't SF! (joke) I live extremely close to the south of wales, let us know where!!

Re: Ooo, that's not far from Nik...or me! new
      #157796 - 03/07/05 09:01 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

She is going to be at Swansea. And, yes I am already planning to send all the SFS she'll be using from here. She'll be mad because it'll be taking up important Clothes space, but she'll just have to adjust!

Re: Ooo, that's not far from Nik...or me! new
      #157827 - 03/07/05 09:54 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Thats not too far away from me, and it is a City, so she won't go without if she needs certain things!

ok I am butting in new
      #157919 - 03/07/05 03:08 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

and saying that I am going to be all over that area next month. I am so excited! Greetings to all.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: ok I am butting in new
      #157971 - 03/07/05 05:33 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Is it really so soon? Wow, you must be busy packing and listmaking and waking up in the middle of the night remembering things you've forgotten! That is the only thing about travelling I don't like - getting ready to go.

I wish your trip was nearer to me, it would be great to meet for a cup of peppermint tea (and whisky for your husband!) I spend half my time in Scotland and half in London these days, so if you are flying to one of the London airports maybe we could meet ... but I expect you have a full schedule already.

Good luck with the packing!

Josephine

Re: ok I am butting in new
      #157984 - 03/07/05 06:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks Josephine! Alas we are not going to Scotland or London this time. Next UK trip we will go to Glasgow and Inverness we decided. I haven't started too much getting ready yet. Did some shopping and made a preliminary list but I am waiting until the 14th or so when it is one month away to download directions and start getting stuff done. I have to explain my diet to the B&B owners. I find packing to be pretty exciting though. I like to cram as much stuff in as possible in a small case. And I like everything to coordinate with everything else. Silly obsessions! Pack lists help you make sure not to forget stuff on the way back too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: My Daughter's Heading to Wales! new
      #158109 - 03/08/05 05:04 AM
M_J

Reged: 04/20/04

We are fortunate that my daughter is a very determined person and I know that she will do fine. She's done a great job of dealing with this problem and we went through some bad experiences with doctors that "didn't have a clue". Heathers website and recipes were the answer, or at least as close an answer as we can expect.

Quote:

my daughter is heading to Wales for Study Abroad Jan. 2006! I'm very concerned about her being able to find foods that'll be ok for her.

Same time frame for our daughters journey. I'm currently hunting for some vendors that could ship her supplements, but it appears that it may be easiest for us to send them. We're getting pretty good at putting together the college care packages.

Does anyone know if there is a substitute for Fibercon in the UK? (calcium polycarbophil)

I'm sure that our children will do fine and have a great experience, we're the ones that will probably need help

Thanks for your thoughts and best wishes to everyone.

M

Re: Scotland? new
      #158240 - 03/08/05 10:11 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

hehe, of course you can get normal and healthy food in Scotland! Fish and chips is for the tourists, well, and 'neds'.

Glasgow has a vegan cafe called the 13th Note which is nice, and there is a big healthfood shop somewhere called Green City Wholefoods (I lived in Edinburgh for 7 years, and we got stuff from there), among others. Obviously. all the normal supermarkets will have IBS-friendly stuff like bread, pasta etc.

I haven't the foggiest what Luna bars are, but I've seen UKers mentioning them so I assume they're available. I know Glasgow is well supplied with all the usual supermarket chains, so she should be fine.

I tried a SF supplement from Holland & Barrett (chain of HFSs); they also sell peppermint tablets, digestive enzymes & probiotics. The one I tried was called Gentle Cleanse, and was mainly acacia fibre.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Re: Fibercon in the UK new
      #158468 - 03/08/05 06:00 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

So far as I know, Fibercon is not available in the UK and I don't know of another SFS with calcium polycarbophil. Anyone else in the UK know different?

Josephine

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3735

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review