All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
4 Months and counting
      #156264 - 03/03/05 07:18 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I have made it to four months with no attack. It feels so great. I even made it through a stressful move and having to eat out alot because I didn't want to buy alot of food until I got moved into the new house. I am so excited that I have made it this far. I think the Zelnorm (a god send) and finally going to couseling and getting things out has helped alot.

I am now on to month 5. I hope to make it and with the way I am going I think I will. I will keep you updated on my progress. If you any of you need any help please do not hesitate to ask.

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yay! new
      #156270 - 03/03/05 07:23 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well done! It's always great to hear from the success stories...keep us updated!

Tell me your secrets! new
      #156294 - 03/03/05 07:51 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I'm so happy for you - 4 whole months with no attacks! You must be so pleased!

You sound like you are a C since you're on Zelnorm, as am I. What supplements do you take on a regular basis? I seem to be having more pain than anything right now, but I *am* on my period, so that could be most of it.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: Tell me your secrets! new
      #156319 - 03/03/05 08:22 AM
Tessa00

Reged: 01/23/05

I just started Zelnorm last week. I started with one pill a day and now I'm on my fifth day of two a day. So far, I haven't noticed any relief.

Tessa

zelnorm did nothing for me either-nt new
      #156366 - 03/03/05 09:09 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#156479 - 03/03/05 11:19 AM
Mitch

Thanks and I am very pleased. It has taken me about 2 years to finally get stable and I hope to stay that way.

I take Citracel every day. I take four tablets a day. Yes I am C but can have D every now and then. I understand about the period thing. I no longer have to worry about that since I had a hysterectomy over two years ago. But I do rememeber how much pain I was in during that time.
Just make sure you eat what you know that you can eat. When I was eating out alot because of the move I made sure it was safe food for me. Food that I had before taht I knew that I could eat. Yes I did cheat a little but watched what I ate.

Just keep taking the Zelnorm and it should help. I know for some people it doesn't but for me it has. I now have bowel movements every day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. That is very unusual for me as I could go three or four days without having one.

If you need anything else please do not hesitate to ask. I would love to hear that you are stable as well.

Take Care,
Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

#156482 - 03/03/05 11:22 AM
Mitch

I know that some people it doesn't work but for me it started working that night I took it. I now have bowel movements every day. I love the stuff. Just give it a little more time if it doesn't work then go back to your doctor and see if there is anything else that you can take. I also take Citracel everyday which helps because if I don't take it I can tell a difference. I was taking 2 pills a day and now only take one in the morning and it still helps.

Take Care if you need anything else please do not hesitate to ask.

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

Re: Yay! new
      #156484 - 03/03/05 11:23 AM
Mitch

Thanks!!!! I am very happy and hope to keep the streak going. I will let you know next month if I made it.

--------------------
Michelle

Re: 4 Months and counting new
      #157041 - 03/04/05 12:00 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

Are you also taking a priobtic or any digestive enzyms? Are you also on any SFS? Sorry for the questions but my IBS has gone from bad to worse an I am just searching!!!

Re: 4 Months and counting new
      #157087 - 03/04/05 03:28 PM
Mitch

The only other thing I take is Citracel four tablets a day. That and the Zelnorm is what helps me. I also watch what I eat. I have been trying to get stable for a long time. I didn't think I would ever get this way. Are you stressed out as well? I was and went through couseling and things at work got better. My stress level has gone down quite a bit.

I was taking Benytol and a new on Robinul-Forte and the Bentyol was helping for a little while but just quit. The other one worked for a while as well. The Zelnorm was a god send. What type of IBS are you? C or D? I am mostly C but can have D.

If you need any more help just ask.

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1810

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review