All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sand- I can't help noticing...
      #154174 - 02/25/05 01:20 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

you're in W. Orange.. I graduated from high shcool there and my parents lived there until last March.. my sister lives nearby still, but not in town. Nice area.. but I wouldn't recommend that Panera- its ok in that the food is still good, but the atmosphere is definitely lacking and its even more noisy and crowded then the one here gets at lunchtime... Maybe try usign them for takeout? their breads are great and many are safe- and if you buy a loaf in the last hour they are open at the one here and the one there you get 50% off since they won't save them overnight!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

and I grew up in Linden.... new
      #154220 - 02/25/05 04:00 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

but, I went to Solomon Schechter in Cranford. Small world:-)

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

Re: and I grew up in Linden.... new
      #154248 - 02/25/05 04:28 PM
khyricat

I just went to senior year there- we lived in MD and I went to boarding school in CT the year my folks moved... but they lived in NJ for more then 15 years... and my sister lives in Cedar Knolls now... she and her husband can't imagine leaving the NJ area... me- I'm happy in MI.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: Sand- I can't help noticing... new
      #154412 - 02/26/05 08:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I have to confess I'm a transplant - born in a small town in Alabama called "Fairhope", then several years in Saudi Arabia when my father worked there, then back to Fairhope through junior high and high, then on to Houston for college and post-grad. Finally made it to NJ in 1981 and to WO in 1990 and have been here ever since. I really like it here most of the time, but once we hit February - snow again yesterday, snow predicted for Mon-Thur of next week - I do feel a yen for the South.

Thanks for the info about Panera - yeah, it's kind of unpleasant for some reason, but I'll definitely check out their breads. (What I really like from them is their chocolate cookies - sigh.)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

transplants.. all of us.. new
      #154439 - 02/26/05 10:10 AM
khyricat

heh- I was a transplant too.. literally lived there for 2 years.. but my folks spent more then 15 there (I left in '90).. so I more know it as a visitor then as a resident... but with at least a week a year there over so so long there is a lot I know... and I learned to drive a stickshift on the hills there!

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: transplants.. all of us.. new
      #154978 - 02/28/05 11:08 AM
Sand

If you learned to drive a stick on roads like Eagle Rock Avenue, Mt Pleasant, and Northfield, you're a brave woman. I learned to drive a stick in Lower Alabama (LA), where the rise from the street to your driveway was considered a significant change in elevation.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

ROFL.. new
      #155057 - 02/28/05 06:29 PM
khyricat

I acutally learned to start, stop, and change gears in south mountain reservation and to drive on Northfield and south mountain... among other roads.. my parents at the time lived off gregory near walker road... by the elementary school on gregory... actually the school busses came almost into our driveway on winding way...

such memories driving through town when we're back for a visit brings... and yet- I'm so glad not to have to navigate those roads on a daily basis...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: ROFL.. new
      #155216 - 03/01/05 08:07 AM
Sand

As I said, I usually like it here and the roads don't bother me - a little hilliness is actually nice - but this winter I've been conjugating the verb "to snow" way too often. As in:

It snowed yesterday.
It is snowing today.
It will be snowing tomorrow.

Sigh.

Oh, well, at least it makes everything look gorgeous.

--------------------

funny that.. new
      #155237 - 03/01/05 08:36 AM
khyricat

I can understand living in MI.. but when I lived in NJ I complained to my folks because the only time we had snow accumulation (we did have ice accumulation) in the 7 years I lived there on and off was when I was elsehwere! I didn't see snow for more then 10 years between living in NJ and baltimore.. then I moved to Canada and back to the states in MI and I don't complain about that one anymore...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1936 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1420

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review