All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question about beef taco
      #15307 - 07/28/03 11:08 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

hi everyone. i went out for lunch. i had beef taco, potatobacon soup. i also had cantelope honeydew melon. well the next day i got sick. i had 5 loosebowel cramping movemts. so i took a modine. what caused this to happen to me?

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question about beef taco new
      #15309 - 07/28/03 11:25 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Hi there-- I don't know how to move a post, but you probably want to post this in the Eating For IBS forum (the first one on the page) for the most people to see it and help.

Red meat is a trigger for a lot of IBSers as it cream soup with bacon cause of the high fat. I have given up all meat because of the IBS and I think that others mostly stick to chicken and fish. Have you eaten this type of meal before with no problems? Did you get any french bread or such in to you system first? Do you have Heather's books and guidelines? I know they are posted and there is a link on the front page on the Eating for IBS forum. Maybe you could check that out. Good luck and hope you are feeling better!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#15389 - 07/29/03 11:31 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Sweetie, it sounds like to me everything you ate is a trigger. Fast food is NOT IBS friendly.
Beef in the taco is a trigger - very high in fat
Cheese in the taco probably - another trigger
Potato Bacon soup probably was milk based - a trigger
Bacon is high fat - a wicked trigger
The fruit you had at the end can be a trigger. I have trouble with fresh fruits - I usually have to puree or cook them before I can tolerate them. If you had had it after a safe meal, you may have been OK with it. It's hard to say.
I think it would be a good idea for you to review the guidelines at the first page of this diet board. Here are a couple to get you started. I hope you feel better soon.
web page web page web page

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#15398 - 07/29/03 12:25 PM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

Ah, you know what they say.....live and learn. We all have our days! Fruit at the end of any meal (even for non-IBSers) can be a trigger for bowel problems. If you don't have Heather's book Eating for IBS, you might want to check it out. It's got a ton of really good information that can help you make better food choices. Good luck!!!

thank you everyone new
      #15494 - 07/29/03 11:36 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

im felling alot beter today. thanks again.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2749 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review