All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Loosing Weight while eating the IBS Diet
      #152905 - 02/22/05 12:39 PM
chicken

Reged: 02/22/05

Hi Everyone
I am new and just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how I can lose weight but stick to the IBS Diet so not to upset tum.
Thank You

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Loosing Weight while eating the IBS Diet new
      #152917 - 02/22/05 01:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hello chicken! Welcome. Many here have lost weight on the diet because it is so healthy and forbids those naughty treats that are so hard to resist. Since you have to have soluble fiber with every meal just try to think about how you can do it with the least calories. Rice has less than pasta or bread and cream of rice or wheat has the least calories for breakfast. Then try to up the vegetables which, for the tummy, should be cooked well. Root veggies are soluble when cooked and carrots are low in calories. I eat well-cooked carrots or microwaved sweet potatoes for lunch often. Try to reduce sugary snacks even the ones that are IBS safe since they pack on the pounds and replace with canned fruit in lite syrup or bananas, but stay away from salads. Also exercise every day and drink water and tea. Cooking Light magazine has great light recipes too. Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#152921 - 02/22/05 01:47 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Also check out the Fitness Board for safe ideas of what other people are eating!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#152924 - 02/22/05 01:58 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I agree with Jennifer.

Good luck.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#153050 - 02/23/05 12:41 AM
chicken

Reged: 02/22/05

Thank You Little Minnie, Jennifer and Lene for your replies.
With eating "safe" carbohydrates alot it hard to try and lose weight without upsetting tum.
I will check out the fitness board.

Thanx again.
Chicken
x

#153061 - 02/23/05 05:50 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I - like many people - struggle with my weight on this diet. I eat fine and exercise. At this point - am hoping not to gain any more. I am feeling good at this point - which is the most important to me. Anne

#153686 - 02/24/05 11:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there! just wanted to metion you can have millet and quinoa too...if you can tolerate them. I think they have less calories than rice and they are ery good for you nutritionally.

You can totaly lose weight! Hang out on the IBS Fitness Board and we'll cheer you on (I'm trying to lose too!)

*hugs* Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#153881 - 02/24/05 11:30 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i too am struggling thru this. may i ask how you maintain such a good attitude while dealing? you sound so optimistic. sometimes i get so down--in such a hole about it that its hard to feel great. that is always my goal--to do a bunch of things to correct the ibs which will in turn make everything good!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#153953 - 02/25/05 06:20 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

To start - I know I am not the only one struggling. I see many people on this site with the same problem. I have also always struggled with my weight - so this is not new to me. I give a lot of credit to folks like Shell who have lost weight with this diet.

I know it is very difficult to want to do anything when you are not feeling good. I do not have time to spend time at the gym - but I do like to walk. I live in Massachusetts - so the weather is not always good to walk outdoors. So I go to the mall - which is close by to where I live (and ad added bonus - I can see what is on sale!). I think the most important concept in excersizing is to find something that you like to do - whether it be walking, yoga, rowing, dancing ect. If you like to do it - then it motivates you to want to do it. Walking (and I do a bit of yoga) has helped my ibs trememdously. A treadmill does not do it for me as I like to be on the move. When I first started - I only did about 10 minutes. As I felt better - I increased the time. Also - set yourself some time to do an exersize -but do not set yourself up for failure. Be realistic with your time on what you can and can not do. (don't say you will exersize everyday for 1 hour if you know you can not)

Once you start physically feeling better - then you mentally will feel better as well. I started not feeling well in April of 2003 (though I know many people on this board have suffered tremendously for much longer of a timeperiod). In June of 2004 I found this diet and am on an herbal anitspasmotic. I am just so happy to feel good as I know what it feels like to not feel good. So I appreciate feeling good - and will keep an eye on the weight.

Hope this help. Hang in there Anne

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2999 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1007

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review